Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m looking for someone to detail my car for the weekend of the 21-23rd... lemme know please! i started with some meguiars cleaner wax for the oxidization and water spots, but some of them just seem to be stuck in there. i`ve been told to do a claybar on it, but i`m a little leary of doing this myself seeing as though i`ve never done it before! i`d hate to bugger up my paint right before a show. btw the car is a 1991 toyota mr2. it`s small, but as i said has some spots that would need to be worked on. toyota thought it would be a good idea to paint a car crimson red and not put a clear coat on it... *shakes head* the car is a "weekend/nice weather car" and is not daily driven... it sits in the garage a lot this time of the year... (not driven in the rain)...

thanks!

brian

mr2gork@hotmail.com

aol instant messanger = mr2gork
    cleanliness is godliness.

Post Thanks / Like
    :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    bump, I need someone in the Kansas area to detail one of my family members car. It is a BMW Z3 and it really needs help.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not in Kansas... but i am in CO... my bro`s gf lives in kansas city.. the drive isn`t that bad. If you can`t find anyone else i could do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    so you`ll drive to kc to do it? how much would you want for that?! i`m not driving my car to CO...

i find it hard to believe there are no pro detailers in the KCMO area that don`t need any business...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mr2gork

so you`ll drive to kc to do it? how much would you want for that?! i`m not driving my car to CO...

i find it hard to believe there are no pro detailers in the KCMO area that don`t need any business...

We don`t have any Autopians from Kansas? :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intel486

We don`t have any Autopians from Kansas? :shocked

apparently not any that check this forum every few days...?

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I could do it... and of course i`d drive out there... be pointless to drive it out here to be detailed then driven all the way bag (bugs galore...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dr. Jones

I could do it... and of course i`d drive out there... be pointless to drive it out here to be detailed then driven all the way bag (bugs galore...)

Well, when you`re out there you wanna do a BMW Z3?

Will have to reduce your cost a lot or maybe I`ll help pay for it. She doesn`t have a lot of money. She got the BMW Z3 cheaply from some guy who was going through a divorce so that is why she has one. She just doesn`t know how to take care of it and neither do her sons. They think they know what they are doing but when I washed a car with them I quickly found out they know nothing.

The back window in her convertible top I could hardly see through when I was driving it. I was having to use the side view mirros to see the cars behind me.

Post Thanks / Like
    she could sell the car to me i promise i`ll take care of it! it`d look good in my garage next to the mr2... 2 two seaters!

dr jones- if you`d seriously do it before the 21st that would be great! lemme know what you`d charge to do it and i`ll let you know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey mr2gork.... where do you live in the KC area? I would be happy to detail your MR2 for you, but I could only do it this coming Friday the 21st, starting about 1pm in the afternoon. I have weekend camping plans, otherwise I`d be able to do it for you on Saturday or Sunday. However, please PM me if you are interested in either this Friday.

Intel486 (and mr2gork) let me know if either or both of you are interested in any future detailings.

Hope to hear from you.... :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I can do it. PM me or email me at gkgreen7@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    little late for this season

but i`d like to probably get together in the spring to discuss the condition of my car. i had one shop who was supposed to fix a couple of door dings simply fill them in with touch up paint... needless to say... terrible results. so i`m wondering now if there is a way to remove the touch up paint and clean/rewax the area after having the dings properly removed.

what i would really like to do though involves replacing some of the body panels which the new ones would then need to be painted... and i`ve always said if i was going to do that much i`d repaint the whole car. problem with that is it would involve a color change. from crimson red to the deepest, most rich black there is. well i know that a total color change like that is a big project and would cost a lot of money to have it done properly. money is not something that i have a lot of at the moment, especially to put into my car. oh well she`s in the garage under the cover for the winter now anyways so... yeah.

thanks for the replies and offers. i`ll check back here more often!

brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by FNG

Do you have any pictures?

i`ll try to take some today.

-brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information