Post Thanks / Like
    Well i started with the contract today with this company that has a fleet of vehicles. I picked up jason around 6am, i was running late was supposed to pick him up at 530am. We then got another kid that works for me and went to the lot where all 75 cars would be waiting.

We started at 730 am and by 3pm we had 55 cars washed. We took lunch around 11am.

It was just to much to wash all 75, Jason looked as if he was going to pass out as he had a rough day yesterday and i was all sun burnt.

Next week we go back and start with truck #56 and work our way back around again.

It should be noted that some of these trucks are huge!

For those that want to know how, it is really easy. I picked up some hogs hair brushes and some buckets. Thats it, simple as that and by 3pm 55 were done.

Now i am going to go pass out and wake up tomorrow and detail some more cars.

NYD

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...... sounds like fun! (not....) I`m sure within a few times you`ll get a system down as to how you can do all 75 in a day`s work.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if you only got paid $10 per, not a bad day`s work (I`m sure you get more).
    `05 Green Pathfinder SE Off-Road

`10 Silver Prius...um, yeah

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you do it? Does the site has its own wash bays/water supply? that`s about 2 cars per hour... you must be beat! Hats off...

Post Thanks / Like
    As Joe Dirt would say, "Dang!!!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    You remember the old movie "Used Cars"? Jack Warden and Kurt Russell. They had to get 1 mile of used cars on their lot and they took an entire high school class across the border and bought 200 used cars and drove them "en masse" back to the dealer....

You should do that - get 75 high school kids and caravan them all to the local scrub-a-dub and cut a deal with the owner. LOL!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I remember that movie... must be hell to detail a mile of junk cars...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by theveed

How did you do it? Does the site has its own wash bays/water supply? that`s about 2 cars per hour... you must be beat! Hats off...

I don`t know but it seems to me that 55 trucks in 7.5 hrs. with time off for lunch is about 8 trucks/hr. I would love to know how you guys are accomplishing this task especially without a commercial powerwasher designed for truck washing. How are you doing the top of the trucks?

No insult intended but 7 min. for each truck just seems impossible. Maybe I am missing something!:shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the trucks do not have to be moved. I went out and got two hoses that total 300 feet, it bring the hose to the trucks which saves a lot of time. I have two guys cleaning the trucks with buckets of soapy water and a hogs hair brush. once all of them are done i then have one guy clean the dash and the other vacuum. It is totally possible to get it all done. I also do not have to clean the inside back part of the vans as they are all locked up with equipment.

Thread Information