Post Thanks / Like
    I met a guy via a local import car club who works at a honda dealership just down the street from my house. He saw the pics of the other rides in the club i`ve detailed so wanted to see what i could do for his early-mid 90`s honda civic SI (hatchback one). I went down there this morning and he set me up in an empty bay. The car had what i would call a friend of a friend`s cheap backyard paint job. It had really ugly hash patters in some spots... where you can see it wasn`t sanded properly after it was painted.. just not smooth. After a little inspection i told him i believe those marks were in the paint under the clearcoat, thus harder to get to. He said that was fine and he wasn`t expecting much.

While i was detailing it i had about 7 of the people working there come by and watch for a while. I even had the guy who was on duty doing the `detailing` there ask me if i knew what those `circle thinggies` in the clear coat are and how to get rid of them... (i`m going there wensday to remove the swirls from his pontiac). It was fun... doing it there i got another 6 jobs lined up for next week. And he was really impressed with his car... after 2 layers of klasse and a layer of souveren, the numerous imperfections in the paint didn`t really matter. All in all it was fun. Gave me more of an idea how the stealerships work... and now i`m even more set on not letting them touch my car (to clean it at least)

Post Thanks / Like
    SOUNDS GREAT! :up

HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT!

As you do more and more cars, you will start to teach yourself some ways to speed up the detail without hurting the quality of the detail.:xyxthumbs

Thread Information