Post Thanks / Like
    travel bags....

A bottle of Turtle Wax and a bottle of Pig Snot wax

I was like what is this! He replied "Hey you never know if a customer just wants Turtle Wax on the car and if all else fails, try some pig snot which is a decent product, better than TW." (well thats a summary of what he said.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Reflection of Foam Pad Machine Glaze, Final Polish, and Pinnacle Souveran off a black Yukon NY detailer and I detailed.

The car came out great, it was like a black mirror.

Post Thanks / Like
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek... :scared i am shocked!!! how DARE you even OWN, much less even THINK about using Turtle Wax wax... or, pig snot wax?!?!?! I am so sorry NY Detailer.. looks like all ur experience is going down the drain.. :sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some TW somewhere...
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee whiz, I have a bottle of TW that I am slowly using up, and you guys are scaring me! It may not last the longest, or be the shiniest, but you`re making it sound as if there`s pumice powder in there or something!

What is so bad, specifically, about TW? It didn`t seem to harm my car, when I last used it (observeth):

Post Thanks / Like
    NY detailer is a great detailer, you never know if one customer specifically requests Turtle wax to be use on their car.

I remember my Turtle Wax days, I was roughly 12 or 13. Circular on, buff off, nice shine, and the car was waxed. But once you try other (better) products TW doesn`t measure up.

Tw is still in business because we knowledgable detailers know what a swirl mark is and expect to have the best shine out there. Average Joe, just put some TW on and shine it up after a wash with Dawn and a sponge.

We all have to start somewhere don`t we? (in the world of car care products)

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I`M BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

i stock alot of weird things. I do it manly for customer service. I have some weird customers that prefer certain products that no matter what i tell them they only want TW.

I am one of those detailers that never throughs anything away it just all starts building up.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by NY detailer [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I`M BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i stock alot of weird things. I do it manly for customer service. I have some weird customers that prefer certain products that no matter what i tell them they only want TW.
    I am one of those detailers that never throughs anything away it just all starts building up. [/b]</blockquote>
    LOL, I was thinking I should probably stock up on several different brands of wax so my customers will be able to chose what they want. Kinda sounds like what are doing. Think it is a good idea?

I can always charge extra for high-end wax like Pinnacle Souveran.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m afraid to ask, but how does the pig snot work? Nice deep wet look? Ever used it, maybe on a farmers old pickup truck?

Post Thanks / Like
    it works pretty good. never used it on a high end car but i did like some of the results. I just have my favorite products to use. Not worth 24.00

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I`d wear latex gloves when I touched that stuff.

auto care usa
    Lets get real here. This is the reason that so many new detailers fail to make it in the business over the long haul. I have been in this business for over 30 years and 70,000 vehicles. I did not make it this far with turtle wax or any product like it. I made it because I let my customers know that I am the best and that I will use the best products available on their vehicles. Don`t look to make a quick buck if you plan on detailing for long because you just won`t make it. If your business is known for the highest quality of work people will come from miles around just to use your service. We have a 2 week wait to get a appointment not because we take the short cuts. It`s because our customers know that we will work harder for them than anyone around. The detailing business is very gratifing if you have that PASSION. Check out my web site 855buff.com or e-mail me with some of your questions jk5751@aol.com joe

Post Thanks / Like
    I have fond memories of using TW back in my high school & early college days and being ecstatic with the results. Of course, I didn`t know what the heck I was doing....but who cared.. My `88 Acura Integra looked great!

I still use TW`s ClearVue window cleaner...which seems to work about as well as Stoners IG.

Thread Information