Post Thanks / Like

2022 Nexzett Glass Coating 200ml

I have tried my fair share some of the windshield coating. Here are some I thought didn’t perform well and didn’t like carpro 30 & 40, gyeon, glassparency, Kamikaze, glass science

Ones that did work for Either durability or moving water quickly were Gtech, H2Go, aquapel.

I have purchased Nexzett recently in March and applied it to family and my own and have been impressed. It is the fastest water shedding product I have used personally. What I notice as a good indicator is 30-35 mph water should be moving. Also if the smaller mini sized beads of water move and not just regular sized rain drops you have a good one.

200 ml for $30 and most importantly easy application.

I have a few videos but they are failing to up load. Nexzett has a few gems this, the inside detailer, ac vent cleaner and the shoe polish type product for rubber seals
    Likes dgage, Tc99m, PoisonTheWell liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2022 Nexzett Glass Coating 200ml

William_Wallace- Hey, I really appreciated your posting the above! You`ve tried enough of `em to know your subject, and the way you summarized your experiences put the NextZett in proper perspective. And I *really* liked reading that "easy application"

And BTW, I wholeheartedly agree about their other products that you mentioned.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey this is great, I have been reading through the forums for a glass product lately. I have always used RainX as it is sooo cheap and so easy to apply as often as you want. I have been doing my car windows before and run out, and just slipped to the store for more. RainX is sold everywhere! But I was wondering if any new product has jumped out above the rest here in 2022??
    So this is a winner then?

Post Thanks / Like

What is your definition of not performing well?
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Nextzett glass cleaner it has always worked well for me ..

Post Thanks / Like

@ Guz if it’s moving at 40 or above initially or if has a major drop after 60 days I won’t purchase again.

@rain X I consider it a win at 5$ too.

I have had some surprisingly good recent products I tried the Sonax spray coating Scholls S2 black and nexzett. Also dump a bottle of Bestline oil additive in due to YouTube project farm. I did have 1 dud white diamond graphene bought from Walmart and returned it

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the RainX isn`t, IME, *bad* stuff, but it always leaves me wishing it were just a little bit better, like a bit more/easier water movement, and some better durability when it`s hit with Glass Cleaner. The previous owner of my Crown Vic used it to help with a terrible wiper-windshield situation, and I`ve just kept using it because it`s so cheap and easy.

William_Wallace- It sounds like you maybe see the RainX the way I do, so how would you say it compares to the Nextzett?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Yeah, the RainX isn`t, IME, *bad* stuff, but it always leaves me wishing it were just a little bit better, like a bit more/easier water movement, and some better durability when it`s hit with Glass Cleaner. The previous owner of my Crown Vic used it to help with a terrible wiper-windshield situation, and I`ve just kept using it because it`s so cheap and easy.

William_Wallace- It sounds like you maybe see the RainX the way I do, so how would you say it compares to the Nextzett?
    rainx always moves the water well. Nexzett was surprisingly faster. Whenever I remove window coating I always use paper towels or cotton cloth I stole that from GTECH and I see better durability.
    Thanks bigltc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I might look into this once I am done with my Opti-Glass Coating.

I have used a number of other glass sealants and coatings as well.

So far while not the most hydrophobic the Opti-Glass Coating has been the most durable and consistent long term. But it is kind of pain to apply compared to other solutions.

The other option I have been considering is GYEON Q2 QuickView

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    So far while not the most hydrophobic the Opti-Glass Coating has been the most durable and consistent long term. But it is kind of pain to apply compared to other solutions.
    Really? I always found it super-easy to apply, my problem was that the sprayer would clog up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Really? I always found it super-easy to apply, my problem was that the sprayer would clog up.
    My issue with Opti-Glass Coating has been the removal after letting it haze.

Even if I only let it sit 30 seconds or so (basically apply to half the windshield and remove) or left it sit for 1-3 minutes the haze is always a paint to remove.

If I use a light spritz of water/glass cleaner / Opti Clean & Protect it is fairly easy to remove the haze. But the spritz of water is not part of the official installation methods. Thus my one issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Even if I only let it sit 30 seconds or so (basically apply to half the windshield and remove) or left it sit for 1-3 minutes the haze is always a pain to remove.
    I never had that problem, I always found it easier to remove than other glass products. I got it when it first came out, maybe it`s changed.

Post Thanks / Like

@troy try the old coating trick reapply alittle product might soften it up on removing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    @ Guz if it’s moving at 40 or above initially or if has a major drop after 60 days I won’t purchase again.
    Got it. Tough ask for any glass coating especially if the wipers are used pretty often.

Even if I only let it sit 30 seconds or so (basically apply to half the windshield and remove) or left it sit for 1-3 minutes the haze is always a paint to remove.

If I use a light spritz of water/glass cleaner / Opti Clean & Protect it is fairly easy to remove the haze. But the spritz of water is not part of the official installation methods. Thus my one issue.
    Agreed that it is not the easiest to remove. It is decent but there are much better products these days.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    @troy try the old coating trick reapply alittle product might soften it up on removing.
    Heh heh, I see the old "like removes like" still holds true in these modern times

FWIW, I remove my RainX with the Griot`s polypropylene window wipes. And "yeah, me too" with regard to sometimes still using cotton towels on glass. I find those are also great for getting the worst of the winter salt-film off.

Thread Information