Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever worked with a valet company or a grocery store/mall to detail?

I am fairly new to professional mobile detailing. I was wondering if anyone on the forum has ever worked with a valet company to offer services to their customers while their car is under the care of the valet, understand that it would likely not be able to be a full detail but being that my company is mobile I was hoping to offer modified services. Also has anyone ever worked in the parking lot of a grocery store or mall to provide services there. I have heard people mention this but have not seen any real info on how other detailers have been able to get those jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone ever worked with a valet company or a grocery store/mall to detail?

I would have the same reply/answer to your question about detailing vehicles in a commuter car parking lot! The difference is that this would most likely be a private business parting lot, but the liability and business insurance suggestions are the same. However, sub-contracting your detailing business is another option,(assuming your are a legit detailing business) but that has lot of business and legal issues (like the contract itself and not a verbal offer, handshake, or gentlemen`s agreement!)

Sorry if I come across as being harsh or dissing someone trying to make a buck on the side. The "problem" is with a client (vehicle owner you do not know personally) who will not pay you for your service because they "do not like it" OR blames you for damage to their vehicle that you did not cause and calls the cops, all because you are a garage/home cash-only (i.e., unregistered) business.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone ever worked with a valet company or a grocery store/mall to detail?

The other thing that you need to keep in mind with grocery stores is that some municipalities require permits to solicit business.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Some places you might need to deal with run off water issues.

Thread Information