I was just wondering if anyone here is using DI water day-to-day within their detailing business. If you are, where did you get the setup/products? How cost effective is it for you? Is it really worth it in the long run?

`

I ask these questions because I recent setup an account with a local Culligan`s Water Co, and I`m about to install these tanks in my van and run a bypass and use the DI water just for rinsing purposes, with the hopes of achieving spot free results.

`

It`s not cheap, but it`s not super expensive either and here in Texas, it doesn`t take long for your rinse to dry, my water at home (where I fill my tank daily) is pretty awful and is spotting vehicles, it`s annoying me a tad bit.

`

Feel free to chime in and share your experiences, equipment, etc....

`

I will also add an update once I install everything and give it a shot this weekend.

`

Just to give you an idea of cost:

`

$152 for 2 tanks (basically + & -) $50 each for the tanks, and $20 rental fee for each tank and taxes....$152

`

The rental fee is once a month whether I use 1 set or 20 sets, but the exchange is $50 per tank, and typically you will swap both, so $100 + tax

`

I was told I should get about 1500 gallons out of each exchange

`

Again, please feel free to comment...

`

Thanks!

`

Justin`

ATX Detailing, LLC