Thread: Social Media

Post Thanks / Like
    How many here are actively using social media for business and how has it helped your business grow?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m constantly trying to update our Facebook page, grow more followers, and reach further and further out. We have gotten a good deal of business from Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have gotten a couple jobs just from following people on Twitter. I try to follow alot of local real estate agents, local news people, etc. I have a FB page, but it`s been very difficult to get likes and have only gotten a couple new customers from it in the past couple years I`ve had it. I think in order to get a decent following on FB and to gain new customers from it, you need to devote alot of time to it, more than I can spend on it. Having the FB presence helps with your overall image, but unless you can spend alot of time on it, or have someone who can, it`s not very effective for gaining new customers, at least IME.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Facebook. It was very helpful when I got started. It gave me an avenue to get the word out I had started a business. Early on it did get me business but these were people I already knew. I`m not sure it really gets me any new business now. The thing I do like about it is that thanks to the online forums I am "friends" with a lot of the small detailers around the world. I enjoy seeing their posts and seeing how they run their businesses. We can all learn something from each other.

I`m looking into twitter now.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are pushing the Facebook/Twitter/Youtube angle really hard and I have a guy working with me to pump up my web traffic and e-mail marketing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    We are pushing the Facebook/Twitter/Youtube angle really hard and I have a guy working with me to pump up my web traffic and e-mail marketing.

Scotty have you noticed any jobs coming from it? What response have you been getting?
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Scotty have you noticed any jobs coming from it? What response have you been getting?

Oh we definitely get work from the Facebook page which is connected to twitter. We had a few slow days during the summer and posted a 2 day only sale and landed a couple of full details out of it. Working on e-mail marketing now and Adwords as the main component of our marketing

Post Thanks / Like
    I try to ensure I`m posting on a regular basis on both Facebook and Twitter. I have actually gotten a good amount of business from it. I have a good amount of people that share my status on their facebook, so I get a lot of their friends that contact me that way. Basically, an electronic referral! So, it`s worked out great for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both Facebook and twitter. Someone took Scottwax so I had to register as @TheRealScottwax. I have customers who contact me through Facebook now, just joined twitter, we`ll see how that goes.

What I like is that with my phone, I can take pictures of what I am working on and instantly upload to both.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont find I get alot of business from facebook possibly because I dont have the time to put into it, but I do find it nice to be able to share picture etc. to show potential customers the sort of work you do.

mobile car detailing adelaide

Thread Information