Post Thanks / Like
    I normally charge $26/foot for boat buffing. What should I charge for RV buffing? I`m doing one tomorrow. Gel coat front and back, but standard rv sides. Not sure what to do about the sides yet either. Any suggestions?

Sorry about the short post but I`m on location and using the iPhone.
    Andrew

On The Spot Mobile Detailing

Serving Saint John and Surrounding Area

Post Thanks / Like
    RV`s, while taller, which translates to more sq ft. are usually not as oxidized on the sides due to the difference in the materials used there.

The end caps are usually a standard gel coat though, and the front cap gets more sun oxidation, UV exporsure.

The sides don`t normally get as constant a direct UV exposure so they don`t get as bad.

When I was still doing these sort of things, I would inspect the condition and normally charge the same as I would for a boat, just by linear foot, not sq ft.

Inspection before pricing is always important, just like the auto mechanical shops do, be it a lawyer, an accountant, a doctor, inspect, estimate and then provide pricing.

Grumpy

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Inspection before pricing is always important, just like the auto mechanical shops do, be it a lawyer, an accountant, a doctor, inspect, estimate and then provide pricing] Grumpy

:thumb::thumb: Good point-never ever price (vehicles, boats, planes, RV, etc) `sight unseen`
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info fellas.

I just ended up charging the same as I would for an rv because it took the exact same amount of time as a boat of equal length.

Boat buffing is standard procedure around here. I just charge by the foot without seeing anything first because you`re going to use the same process on 95% of them anyway. If more work is required I bill accordingly. Most of these customers don`t ask for a price until they`ve got their wallet out. Buffing fees just get thrown in with storage fees, fuel fees, hauling fees, and maintenance fees.
    Andrew

On The Spot Mobile Detailing

Serving Saint John and Surrounding Area

Thread Information