Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, been lurking for awhile.

Basically what I want to do is startup just doing basic mobile details on the side for friends/family in my free time and just wanted opinion for my setup.

I mostly just wanna focus on interiors now while I still learn more & can save up for the better supplies for exteriors.

I`m just wondering, I feel like I`m going overboard and doubling up on some stuff, like the glass cleaners, dressings, maybe cleaners? I just don`t want to be under prepared, and want to get everything in 1 order since some stuff of this stuff is hard to get in Canada (I actually put in an order but had it cancelled when I found out they were gonna charge an extra $51 shipping for the 1 gallon of APC+)

RIDGID 4 Gal. Wet/Dry Vacuum Model # WD4070

McCulloch Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner (MC1275)

Meguairs APC+

Optimum Power Clean

Meguairs Quik Interior Detailer

1Z Cockpit Premium

303 Aerospace Protectant

Autoglym Glass Polish

AutoMagic Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Griots Garage Glass Cleaning Clay

Stoner Invisible Glass

Sprayway Glass Cleaner

Stoner Invisible Glass Reach & Clean Tool

Leather Masters Strong Cleaner

Leather Masters Protection Cream

Leather Masters Vital Cream

Plexus Pocket Spray

303 Cleaner & Spot Remover

3D Shampoo: Professional Upholstery & Carpet Shampoo

AutoMagic Multi-Purpose Solvent

AutoMagic Heavy Duty EZ Clean

Folex

Zep Carpet Cleaner

Also these 3 brushes from autogeek

B-167 - Mat & Carpet Scrub Brush 4.99

B-85-627 - Natural Tampico Upholstery & Carpet Scrub B 7.99

B-176 - Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    For interiors I use:

FOLEX for the heavy nasty stains in seats and carpet.

APC+ in multiple bottles with different dilution ratios to clean plastics and carpets.

Foaming carpet cleaner in an aerosol can.

Meguiars Quik Detailer spray (to get rid of the left over APC+)

Spray Way Glass cleaner.

For Leather I use Leatherique products.

4gal RIDGID vacuum.

Bissell Little Green Machine ProHEAT PET with different attachments.

Also to protect the upholstery I use 303 High Tech Fabric Guard

Post Thanks / Like
    That is quite a bit of products that you are considering - some of which do the same thing (as you pointed out). I want to direct you to this great post from Barry Theal:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/detaili...rry-theal.html

I would stick with one APC and get several bottles for various dilutions. That will cover your carpet cleaner, leather cleaner (to some extent), dashboard cleaner, spot remover, etc. I would also stick with one glass cleaner as well - I recommend Meg`s Glass Cleaner Concentrate. It performs great and is very economical. I would skip the glass polish and clay as most interior glass is tinted and scratches/contaminants are generally on the exterior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah never thought about getting more bottles for different dilutions :knockout:

For the leatherique, while I`ve used it and it was great, just my main concern is the time it takes for the full effect, 6-8 hours. I just feel like some people might be turned off by that, not to mention the small hassle for me.

Also I`ve used the Bissell LGM and was really turned off by the capacity of the tanks.

I suppose the MAIN reason I had multipe products for 1 use is just to try different stuff out. Guess I`ll hold off on that till I get more experience.

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bissell is pretty good, the size of the tanks don`t really bother me I just put 5 gallons of hot water in a bucket and place that one inside of an empty one, the space between the 2 seems to keep the water hotter longer, and I use the empty for dirty water. I try to keep the RIDGID wet/dry as dry as possible.

Also as far as different bottles for different dilutions, look at different size bottles as well, I have a few 2oz bottles, 8oz, 16oz, and 32oz. The 2oz and 8oz bottles can be found in the trial/travel size section of most retail supermarkets and drug stores. The others can also be found in multiple hardware stores or supermarkets as well.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are you in Canada? Depending on your location I may be able to give you some advice on sourcing and shipping products.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S
    The Bissell is pretty good, the size of the tanks don`t really bother me I just put 5 gallons of hot water in a bucket and place that one inside of an empty one, the space between the 2 seems to keep the water hotter longer, and I use the empty for dirty water.

Sorry I`m a little confused as to what you`re saying here, can you explain a little more?

@JPostal: I`m in Calgary

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about that... Since I`m also mobile and the LGM works best with HOT water I bring hot water with me in a 5 gallon bucket and take an empty 5 gallon bucket with me to empty the dirty tank from the LGM into when it`s full. That way I don`t need to find a hot water source.

Thread Information