Post Thanks / Like
    First off, hi everyone! So many friends that I miss around here--just too many irons in the fire limiting my time behind the computer. Hope everyone is doing well.

CF`s AT BOTTOM

For those that don`t know...I operate a 2500sq ft detailing facility in Memphis. We mainly do paint correction, full details, etc. We also do wholesale work for one client, paint protection film, tint, headlight restoration, water damage restoration, blah, blah..

We currently only wash cars on Saturday and only if the car has been detailed by us in the last 30 days (or brand new). This is simply *not* convenient for customers and it basically makes saturday at the shop a "less profitable than I would like day." As I see it, washing cars is really a customer retention service at my shop, not a money maker--we charge $45, $55, and $65 depending on size.

I plan on purchasing a Ford transit, equiping it with a small footprint mobile set up and servicing existing clentel throughout the week. Same deal, no detail with us, no washie.

I plan on adding $10 per car to our current wash price.

Which brings me to my questions....

Does anyone use an inverter system with an electric pw? We use an electric pw in the shop and it has been great. I plan on using the pressure for wheels/wheel wells(or in extreme cases) and using ONR for the rest of the exterior. I would also need to run a shop vac with a vacuberm at the same time as the pw. That would be the most "extreme" load.

Anyone have experience with this?

CF`s....existing fixed ocation looking to expand with a mobile unit. Who has experience using a power inverter to run a presure washer, shop vac, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an electric pressure washer in my mobile unit (AR North America AR610). You will need some serious power to run all the equipment you want, especially the pressure washer. I have 2 Honda eu2000 generators and I`m still not 100% comfortable with that amount of power. If you`re not concerned with noise, I would just get a big 5000 watt generator and call it good.

-Kody-
    New Image Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Noise is a huge concern! I was hoping to use an inverter system with a bank of batteries and an alternator "upgrade." If not, the honda quiet generators are definitely in my future--can`t show up at my customer;s house/place of business and fire up a 90db generator...just not going to happen. Thanks for the reply.
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Your pressure washer or vac will require 3x their running power to start so if your vac draws 600 watts while running, it`ll need 1800 to start. Your pressure washer will probably draw more than that. I would just plug in at your clients.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Honda 3000 Generator in my 7X12 Trailer. Its a very quiet generator but you will need to invest some $ since they dont come cheap.. Here is a photo of the inside of my trailer... I hardly use my gas powered pressure washer you see in the photo due to the noise level, I picked up a Kranzel from Phil at Detailers Domain and it runs perfectly off the Honda 3000..

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

formula1finish, I don`t care so much about the price--just want to buy it once and be done. I was thinking that the eu 2000 would be enough, but perhaps I will just do the 3000.
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    An inverter will run a buffer, but you`d need a pretty stout one for a vacuum and you`d likely need to leave the vehicle running.

I`ve never had just plugging in at a customer`s house be an issue. If they have a maid clean they house, they don`t expect them to show up with a generator and run a cord in from the outside, right?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by formula1finish
    I have a Honda 3000 Generator in my 7X12 Trailer. Its a very quiet generator but you will need to invest some $ since they dont come cheap.. Here is a photo of the inside of my trailer... I hardly use my gas powered pressure washer you see in the photo due to the noise level, I picked up a Kranzel from Phil at Detailers Domain and it runs perfectly off the Honda 3000..

Question is the Kranzle pulling directly from tank or are you using a pump? more photos (Post) if able,lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    An inverter will run a buffer, but you`d need a pretty stout one for a vacuum and you`d likely need to leave the vehicle running.

I`ve never had just plugging in at a customer`s house be an issue. If they have a maid clean they house, they don`t expect them to show up with a generator and run a cord in from the outside, right?

I need it to run a lot more than a vacuum!

I am told that three deep cycle batteries, an upgraded aternator and an industrial 5000w inverter will handle the equipment that I need to run...we shall see.

True about the maids, but at times we will be in industrial parks, parking lots, etc. I even leave our maids the cleaners that I want used on the house, but I am crazy.
    Word of Mouth Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    i keep an honda gen 2000 for parking lots, at clients house i connect the power from them , and i use their water for wheels ,sometimes for onr wash too.

the gen and the water, i use it when not accessible.

here is my set-up for transit:

ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CosminTX
    i keep an honda gen 2000 for parking lots, at clients house i connect the power from them , and i use their water for wheels ,sometimes for onr wash too.

gotta say thats a pretty sweet set up...whats it look like deeper inside ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Man oh Man you guys have posted up some sweet setups. I have seen pro reflections setup before in the transit which is awesome. Can`t believe that vehicle is so well packed, everything has a place and it appears to have everything needed to get the job done in such a tight space. I have been dying to get a pressure washer again as i did away with my last gas one when it finally broke. For the past 1.5 years i`ve been using a hose and a foam gun but i believe i`ll be switching back to a pressure washer to help dial back a little bit of time with things that are taking forever right now by hand.

I am totally digging the setup in the trailer as well! It looks super clean and makes me feel like my van is super sloppy LoL. I need some ideas from you folks on how i should setup my van to maximize the space and make working from it super easy and efficient. Anyways, this isn`t my thread so sorry to the OP if i went off topic.

I am looking to get a Kranzle for sure! They are built like a tank and have not heard any of the pro`s who have been using them complain about them at all.

It feels good to post on here since i haven`t been on here in years! If anyone has a used Kranzle please PM me here or contact scott wax and ask him if he would kindly contact Tyson on his Facebook friends list since i am not always on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills.WindowsAndWheels

`

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CosminTX

Very nice set up in TRANSIT VAN looking to hear make & model of pressure washer?

Thread Information