Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Just picked up the Daimer 200s model after finding out that Daimer DOES ship to Hawaii :woohoo:. With my usage, I didn`t opt for the continuous fill. Can`t wait to use it. CS from Bill @ Daimer has been very helpful. Now only if I can find a carrying bag similar to that Dupray sells..

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    Why are you selling it?

I dont use it enough...kind of overkill for my shop. I originally thought I could get away with using it for most interior jobs but found that I use my extractor way more often because I work on a lot of hammered cars/trucks/vans. I would be open to partial trades with a VX5000???
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by handyguy
    allow me to jump in. I`m not a happy Daimer customer right now. Wife and I bought a 300CS in 2004 and it doesn`t get near the use you guys put yours through. Just homeowner stuff like cleaning tile and grout, and the occasional car interior.

This is the continuous fill model and that may have been our mistake. The pump went out in Aug 2011. We had to pay return shipping (about $60!) and the repair cost us another $180. Well, the pump just died again!! :mad2: We plan to call Daimer tomorrow.

Like I said, in 20/20 hindsight the pump in a continuous fill model seems to be a problem waiting to happen. Of course I suspect (hope!) the pumps on the bigger commercial units are a lot more robust than these little units. I have no use for one of those (even if I could afford it). If I have to replace this one the VX5000 is looking pretty good.

UPDATE: Contacted Daimer and they`ve agreed to fix it at no cost - if it is the pump again. Even so it`s a bit of a gamble as there are a couple of other things that could render the pump inoperative. We also have to pay return shipping.

Wife and I have decided to take the chance but agreed that we`re not going to spend another 200 bucks if it`s not the pump - we`ll let them keep it and probably pick up the VX5000.

Post Thanks / Like
    handyguy- Fingers crossed that it turns out OK for you. Not all *that* surprised that they`re willing to work with you a little, but yeah...sometimes it seems you have to, uhm...jump-start their customer service a little bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which steam cleaner do you recommend - Daimer vs Dupray Tosca vs VX5000?

Quote Originally Posted by mleun481 View Post
    I`m considering a steam cleaner for detailing my car and also for household use. I`m not a professional detailer but am willing to spend the money for quality. As of today, they all offer free shipping. Given the prices and quality of each one, which one is the best value? Any other brands/models that should be short listed? Thanks

VX5000 ($795)

Steam Cleaner - Steam Cleaners - Vapor Cleaner - Commercial Steam Cleaners

Daimer KleenJet Pro Plus 200S ($887)

Commercial Vapor Steam Cleaners - Daimer KleenJet PRO PLUS 250S

Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner ($996)

Tosca Commercial Strength Vapor Steam Cleaner from Dupray
    Hello,I am new in autopia and I have questions what car extractor is bether to bay ,Daimer xph6400ui price $2500 or mytte hp100 price $1300,wee need for truck cleaning,thank you in advance !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information