Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Charles Hahn
    Oh boy.... now what did you get?

Lemme PM you lest I thread-jack.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally had a chance to try out the steam vac/steam extractor today for the first time. Unfortunately the hand piece was not built exactly right and I had to trim back a piece or the vac hose to allow the hand piece to attach properly. After wasting a bunch of time messing with the hose I got it set up and put it to work.

First I tried using the machine with no pre-spray/pre-spotting which didn`t work very well. Next I misted the carpet with cleaner and steam extracted which worked pretty good and the best part is that the carpet was dry in minutes. I took some before and after pics but they did not turn out so well. I have a minivan coming in tomorrow so I will try get more pics then and post the results.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    JPostal- Thanks for the update. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get a newfangled system all dialed in, so I`ll be inerested to hear how that minivan goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    In Dupray and daimer almost same but daimer product give more pressure in less price.

steam-cleaners-direct.com not seems very interesting to me

Post Thanks / Like
    In considering which machine to use Diamer kleenJet pro 200s 887, or Dupray Tosca steam cleaner you can`t go wrong with either one, since they both are made by the same company (Tecnovap Italy). Even thou these machines are excellent for car wash detailing, the thing you have to consider is what can of service will you get if something does go wrong with a machine in saying that these machines have very little issues. Down time isn`t a option for me, I bought a machine from Diamer years ago 2007.
    Likes nothingface5384 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting bobwires listen guys there is a steam vac extraction machines, you can steam and extract at the same time its great for getting satins and soil areas as well as cleaning the interior. Also did you know in Europe there are vapor steam car washes. It interesting see people clean there entire car with vapor steam, inside and out. I one day plan on opening a car wash like that myself. It differently cuts down on water uses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr. Greensteam- Welcome to Autopia!

Thanks for confirming that the Tosca/Daimer are built by the same company. It appears that different end-vendors give different specs for what seems to be the same unit :think:

Glad to hear you`re apparently as happy with Daimer`s Customer Service as I am.

That`s be an interesting venture, starting up a steam-car wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    DaVinci, do you still like the Wagner now? I`m leery of home models too. The reviews on Amazon are pretty wretched for most of them!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

Welcome to this forum site. I, too, had this query and so, I suggest you to ask your knowns to answer the query. For more details,

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

Post Thanks / Like
    After talking with Renny and a few others, I`ve come to the consensus of getting the VX5000. Should be ordering in 2-3 weeks. I`ll post up about it once I get it. I have a good experimental vehicle with my in-law`s jeep grand cherokee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KenAllwine
    After talking with Renny and a few others, I`ve come to the consensus of getting the VX5000. Should be ordering in 2-3 weeks. I`ll post up about it once I get it. I have a good experimental vehicle with my in-law`s jeep grand cherokee.
    ....looking forward to seeing another review. I have been on the fence about buying this unit for use both in my home and on vehicles.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone in the lower mainland area of BC is looking for a steamer I`m selling my Daimer KleenJet 5000 CV. PM for info.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    If anyone in the lower mainland area of BC is looking for a steamer I`m selling my Daimer KleenJet 5000 CV. PM for info.

Why are you selling it?

Post Thanks / Like
    allow me to jump in. I`m not a happy Daimer customer right now. Wife and I bought a 300CS in 2004 and it doesn`t get near the use you guys put yours through. Just homeowner stuff like cleaning tile and grout, and the occasional car interior.

This is the continuous fill model and that may have been our mistake. The pump went out in Aug 2011. We had to pay return shipping (about $60!) and the repair cost us another $180. Well, the pump just died again!! :mad2: We plan to call Daimer tomorrow.

Like I said, in 20/20 hindsight the pump in a continuous fill model seems to be a problem waiting to happen. Of course I suspect (hope!) the pumps on the bigger commercial units are a lot more robust than these little units. I have no use for one of those (even if I could afford it). If I have to replace this one the VX5000 is looking pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    handyguy- Welcome to Autopia!

Sorry to hear about the pump going out again, I`d be ticked off too. Eh, I could swallow the repair cost for the first time (hey, ~7 years is a while even for "light duty", I don`t use mine all that much either) but for it to go out again this fast is pretty bad.

No problems with the one on my 1500C...fortunately, as I`d sure hate to ship that thing back for service. I *need* the continuous fill, but I can see why you`d like to avoid it in the future especially as you *don`t* need that feature.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information