Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Drivepur

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`ve just had another car come back for a retreatment while using Drive Pur. In terms of % of cars coming back for retreatment I`m at 60%. Do I suck at the application I don`t think so, in fact I over apply the Smok, shok, prevent part to really get in all the knooks and crannies. I had one of the distributors come in an help teach the application, and that car came back again. Do I get it the second time..........nope. Is this product diffcult to apply? Does it truly work for the long haul? I`m am truly frustrated because my clients are with the system.

I`m at the point I don`t think there really is a LONG term system that will rid a car of smoke. That SH#$ gets into places we just can really clean.

No So Happy,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    Well I`ve just had another car come back for a retreatment while using Drive Pur. In terms of % of cars coming back for retreatment I`m at 60%. Do I suck at the application I don`t think so, in fact I over apply the Smok, shok, prevent part to really get in all the knooks and crannies. I had one of the distributors come in an help teach the application, and that car came back again. Do I get it the second time..........nope. Is this product diffcult to apply? Does it truly work for the long haul? I`m am truly frustrated because my clients are with the system.

I`m at the point I don`t think there really is a LONG term system that will rid a car of smoke. That SH#$ gets into places we just can really clean.

No So Happy,

GREG

Couple things that are really important:

1. ensure the cabin air filter is replaced if it has one BEFORE you do the treatment

2. ensure the headliner/visors are cleaned properly

3. ensure you clean everything possible in the interior of the car including the trunk and seat belts.

4. If the car has been heavily smoked in pre-spray SMOK into the headliner and under the seats before treating with the fogger

5. If the car has been heavily smoked in allow the SMOK product to run for 7-10 minutes instead of the normal 5 and allow 15 minutes between the end of this set and the SHOK step

6. Make sure to explain to customers that vehicles that are particularly bad may require additional treatments

If you are really thorough you`ll get it but the product takes a little getting used to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    Couple things that are really important:

1. ensure the cabin air filter is replaced if it has one BEFORE you do the treatment

CHECK

2. ensure the headliner/visors are cleaned properly

SUPER DUPER CHECK

3. ensure you clean everything possible in the interior of the car including the trunk and seat belts.

CHECK

4. If the car has been heavily smoked in pre-spray SMOK into the headliner and under the seats before treating with the fogger

Tornado application, 3 times......slow overlapping patter really getting the product on the material

5. If the car has been heavily smoked in allow the SMOK product to run for 7-10 minutes instead of the normal 5 and allow 15 minutes between the end of this set and the SHOK step

See above

6. Make sure to explain to customers that vehicles that are particularly bad may require additional treatments

Did that, but its such a hassle for them

If you are really thorough you`ll get it but the product takes a little getting used to.

I know your trying to help, but believe me I was super deliberate in the application and the pre cleaning I did.

GREG

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greg, how many vehicles have you treated and would you say you have had good results on other odors (pet, musty smell, etc)? Are you using the fogger or toranador?

Its funny how some people swear by it and others people dont have much success. I have only treated 4 cars since getting the system and I`m hoping that my application technique is the problem because so far I`m not too impressed.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    You MUST get to the source of the odor.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    You MUST get to the source of the odor.

Care to elaborate?

If I know what and where the source is exactly I could do a $5 enzyme treatment with equal results. Isn`t the selling feature of DrivePur and the fogger system that it coats EVERY surface eliminating the need to pinpoint the problem area? And with a smoker car the entire car will be a problem area right?

Post Thanks / Like
    How does it compare to Mist or Vaportec? If using the Tornador how do you let it stay on for the cycle, I know with the fogger you turn it on at leave it in the car rather then being exposed to it

Post Thanks / Like
    Is anyone experiencing clogging with the hose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Automania
    Is anyone experiencing clogging with the hose?

Sent my back. Couldn`t justify a $1K investment.

Are you referring to the DrivePur or the Tornador? The DrivePur has a recall to fix overheating, etc. Check with them. Also they say to run Smok thru the unit to clean it up after use.

If the Tornador, it`s the screen in the weighted ball. I just removed it and use a cone coffee filter to fill the container in an attempt to trap any contaminants.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    My local rep came out to help me with dialing in the process yesterday. We treated a older 4runner that was very smokey...with a few tweaks to my process I think the outcome was much better. Running the Smok longer and pre-treating with Kleanz makes a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    My local rep came out to help me with dialing in the process yesterday. We treated a older 4runner that was very smokey...with a few tweaks to my process I think the outcome was much better. Running the Smok longer and pre-treating with Kleanz makes a big difference.

What tweaks did you make? I`m doing a return right now, I have the tornado gun. I think my process is solid and really drive the smok into the knooks and crannies and try to put it in contact with every inch of surface.

Cheers,

GREG

Post Thanks / Like
    What tweaks did you make? I`m doing a return right now, I have the tornado gun. I think my process is solid and really drive the smok into the knooks and crannies and try to put it in contact with every inch of surface.

Cheers,

GREG

Heres a link to our odor removal guide. You need to purchase some sort of fogger

drivepurfinal - Odor Removal Guide

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivePur
    Heres a link to our odor removal guide. You need to purchase some sort of fogger

drivepurfinal - Odor Removal Guide

Thanks but still having trouble removing ALL the smell, When the distributor came and showed me how to do this he NEVER spent as much time and detail as I do...... and I still cant get it all. BY the way, his car came back too. I just don`t think there is an absoute way to remove all the odor, too many little places that the product can`t reach I think.

Still working on the car that has come back 3 times, if I don`t get it this time...........I will give up on odor removal means

Cheers,

GREG

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks but still having trouble removing ALL the smell, When the distributor came and showed me how to do this he NEVER spent as much time and detail as I do...... and I still cant get it all. BY the way, his car came back too. I just don`t think there is an absoute way to remove all the odor, too many little places that the product can`t reach I think.

Still working on the car that has come back 3 times, if I don`t get it this time...........I will give up on odor removal means

Cheers,

GREG

What kind of odor are you trying to remove?

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers,

GREG

Several little things. Because it was a heavy smoker we pre-treated the headliner with smok and let dwell for a bit before wiping down with a damp towel. Before running the fogger all the seat belts were extended, glove box and and other storage areas opened, fogger placed on passenger seat instead of floor, a little longer run time for the smok, and a couple other little things. It`s been 4 days or so and it smells great...maybe a minute hint of smoke, but with how smokey this thing was it is 95%.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information