Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Drivepur

Post Thanks / Like
    when spraying/fogging the inside of the vehicle how easy is this to get off windows

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had an issue with any of the products sticking to the windows, or anything for that matter. I will do a quick wipe down with a MF and water as needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading this whole thread I still cannot find any info on cost. Can anyone give a ballpark? I understand it might vary a little depending on region, but are we talking $200, $500, $1000+?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree
    After reading this whole thread I still cannot find any info on cost. Can anyone give a ballpark? I understand it might vary a little depending on region, but are we talking $200, $500, $1000+?

Depends which route you go, the fogger and a gallon of each chemical run me around 900$.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jbankO
    Depends which route you go, the fogger and a gallon of each chemical run me around 900$.

Thanks. And from my understanding you should be able to do approx 30-40 applications/gallon. Is that correct? Fogger= `$500? So each gallon is ~$130? Minus the one time cost of fogger that gives me about $13/application. Does this sound ballpark?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree
    Thanks. And from my understanding you should be able to do approx 30-40 applications/gallon. Is that correct? Fogger= `$500? So each gallon is ~$130? Minus the one time cost of fogger that gives me about $13/application. Does this sound ballpark?

Yup you`re spot on. You can get better deals if you buy the gallons by the case as well so depending on your volume you could do better on pricing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a distributor for DrivePur. If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

jbankO- are you purchasing directly from DrivePur?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    I am a distributor for DrivePur. If anyone has any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

jbankO- are you purchasing directly from DrivePur?

Yeah I do as their main warehouse is in Texas not far from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jbankO
    Yeah I do as their main warehouse is in Texas not far from me.

Thought so. How long have you been using the system?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought so. How long have you been using the system?

Almost 2 years give or take.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had an issue with any of the products sticking to the windows, or anything for that matter. I will do a quick wipe down with a MF and water as needed.

As long as you use the fogger.

I`ve seen horrendous results on black plastice where the spray bottles were used and not wiped off immediately with a wet towel; then followed up with Shok.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarque
    As long as you use the fogger.

I`ve seen horrendous results on black plastice where the spray bottles were used and not wiped off immediately with a wet towel; then followed up with Shok.

Was the plastic hot?

Post Thanks / Like
    No the plastic was not hot. It was inside after an interior detail.
    “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.
    ~Albert Einstein

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently got the DrivePur System with the new and improved fogger. I have used it on a few vehicles and so far I have not been overly impressed with the results and I think its because of my application.

Any of you DrivePur pros care to give me a quick run-down of the process you use or critique my technique?

Assuming the vehicle has been fully detailed this is how I have been doing it...

1. Use spray bottle to spray Klenze on all carpet and upholstery. Let sit for 10 minutes. Vacuum.

2. With vehicle running and AC on, fan set to re-circulate and temperature set to medium. Run Smok for 5 minutes or more depending on size of vehicle.

3. Allow product to dwell in vehicle for 5 - 10 minutes before running Shok and Prevent for about 5 minutes each allowing dwell time between each product.

4. Open all doors and get as much light and airflow through the vehicle for a few hours.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    DrivePure Service Providers:

What are you charging in your respective market place for this service?

Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    I recently got the DrivePur System with the new and improved fogger. I have used it on a few vehicles and so far I have not been overly impressed with the results and I think its because of my application.

Any of you DrivePur pros care to give me a quick run-down of the process you use or critique my technique?

Assuming the vehicle has been fully detailed this is how I have been doing it...

1. Use spray bottle to spray Klenze on all carpet and upholstery. Let sit for 10 minutes. Vacuum.

2. With vehicle running and AC on, fan set to re-circulate and temperature set to medium. Run Smok for 5 minutes or more depending on size of vehicle.

3. Allow product to dwell in vehicle for 5 - 10 minutes before running Shok and Prevent for about 5 minutes each allowing dwell time between each product.

4. Open all doors and get as much light and airflow through the vehicle for a few hours.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information