Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Drivepur

Post Thanks / Like
    So my client returned their car for a maintance wash. This client we did the drivepur system using the sonic fogger a couple weeks ago and the client advised they smoked in the car just as they normally would and they were amazed how there was no signs of any smoke scent. I went inside to confirm and sure enough there was no trace of any smoke smell. I turned on the a/c to see if I could smell anyting from the vents and nothing. So far from what I can tell the Prevent stage of the system is working as advertised!! I`m more impressed w/ this system everytime we use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Two things - the smok product has to come in contact with the tar. Tar is the residue left behind from smoking in the car or home... Smok changes the chemistry of tar... Another helpful tip is to treat the vehicle before detailing the interior... On an extremly heavy smoker - wipe the headliner with a damp microfiber towel. You`ll be amazed at whats pulled out.

The differnce between our TiO2 product and the others is the binder that bonds our product to the plastic, leather and glass - The others are simply spraying tio2 and the nano size particles embed themselves into the fabric only.

Prevnt needs very little sunlight....the windshield produces more than enough light... For the car stored in the basement - a simple full spectrum bulb or blacklight bulb is all thats needed... You need the UV-A spectrum to work.

If you treated an odor problem or smoker and still have an odor - its not the product its the application that failed.... the fogger is the best application.

Post Thanks / Like
    CarPro So2 - doesnt have an effective binder - for bonding... They use Sio2 Sodium Silicate as a binder. Tio2 breaks down Sio2 and will only last a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivePur
    ... For the car stored in the basement - a simple full spectrum bulb or blacklight bulb is all thats needed... You need the UV-A spectrum to work..

Thanks for posting that (specific) info about what light is required.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent an email to request some info 3 weeks ago and still have not got a reply. To bad if a product is that good that nobody contacts a potential buyer after this amount of time goes by. IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rdb700
    I sent an email to request some info 3 weeks ago and still have not got a reply. To bad if a product is that good that nobody contacts a potential buyer after this amount of time goes by. IMO

I placed my order w/ Kristee. She was very helpful. Mike was the technical one and was able to answer all of my questions.

There contact info:

kristee@purworld.com

mikes@drivepur.net

If you`re not able to get a hold of them I can pass along your contact info to them for you if you like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it has failed me again! I have another car coming back, talked to another detailer that loves it......suggested I might not be using enough of the smok product to rid the car of the smoke smell. They are coming back (which I hate) for another chance at it. I tried to call the company, but had to leave messages.

No so cheery,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivePur
    Two things - the smok product has to come in contact with the tar. Tar is the residue left behind from smoking in the car or home... Smok changes the chemistry of tar... Another helpful tip is to treat the vehicle before detailing the interior... On an extremly heavy smoker - wipe the headliner with a damp microfiber towel. You`ll be amazed at whats pulled out.

The differnce between our TiO2 product and the others is the binder that bonds our product to the plastic, leather and glass - The others are simply spraying tio2 and the nano size particles embed themselves into the fabric only.

Prevnt needs very little sunlight....the windshield produces more than enough light... For the car stored in the basement - a simple full spectrum bulb or blacklight bulb is all thats needed... You need the UV-A spectrum to work.

If you treated an odor problem or smoker and still have an odor - its not the product its the application that failed.... the fogger is the best application.

Did this on a car last week(Previously did the car and the smoke odor was still there) used Smok and it worked like a charm!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I reaplied improving my technique after talking with others. I`ll call the owner in a few days and hope for a possitive outcome.

Cheers,

GREG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    I reaplied improving my technique after talking with others. I`ll call the owner in a few days and hope for a possitive outcome.

Cheers,

GREG

Just curious how you`re applying the product? I`ve only used the fogger for application so I cant really speak upon the other methods. But hope it works out better this time for you! Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jbankO
    Just curious how you`re applying the product? I`ve only used the fogger for application so I cant really speak upon the other methods. But hope it works out better this time for you! Good Luck!

using the toranado cannon, need to get close to the fabrics and move slow, suppose to use 4-8 oz (depending on severity) per car of smok. was told the fogger method doesn`t work well for smok, you need to drive the product into the fabric to come in contact with the tar/smoke. I haven`t heard back from my client had to leave a message today, I`m hoping my new method and a second dose did the trick if not......what else can I do with drivepur?

I have a dealership that wants me to try.......so I may give it a go. I just can`t have customers coming back, its bad business.

Cheers,

GREG

Post Thanks / Like
    Greg it sounds like you`re doing it right, you know I have been very pleased with the product, just get it down correctly and you won`t have any problems, and also male a great profit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Greg it sounds like you`re doing it right, you know I have been very pleased with the product, just get it down correctly and you won`t have any problems, and also male a great profit.

I appriciate your help with the details of using this product, I`m hoping that is difference!

Cheers,

GREG

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to visit the website to see the infomercial and get more info, it appears to be promising, but the website is having some major technical issues, many of

it`s features don`t work. I`m not even sure my form will be received by anyone.

Anyhow, I`m gonna look into this more and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    lastest follow up to my experience:

I called the client again, its been 5 days and we spoke. she said its much less noticible about a 70% reduction......this is promising might be I just need to improve the technique better. We are going to hit it again next week for her for free, I really want this to work!

Cheers,

GREG

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information