Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Drivepur

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I appreciate your reply. At this point this would only be for me so I can`t justify the cost at this point. Hopefully in the future I can. Your explanation makes me want your product way more than the website. Love the detail of explanation. The video was a little too infomercial for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like I`ll need this new fogger machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    It looks like I`ll need this new fogger machine.

Mine was supposed to ship last week but there was an issue w/ the heads on the machines and getting through customs per my Drivepur rep. So she advised they should be shipping the middle to end of this comming week. So we`ll see!

Post Thanks / Like
    ok so i finally got into contact with drivepur (had to call and email numerous times) and they directed me to a local distributor(their distributor page wasnt working so i couldnt get the local reps number myself) and i drove down to the local reps shop which was located deep inside another shop(very confusing and no parking)..and they didnt have the product for sale yet since they apparently JUST became a distributor and havent even tried the product yet or had it entered into their computer system. very disappointing considering all the trouble to get their number plus the 30 minute drive.

so he did give me a brochure kit (which is really nice like jbank0 mentioned) and im waiting for them to try the unit over the weekend. He said they will start selling it in about a week. i will be picking up the 4oz trio for now since he doesnt even have the fogger unit in stock and would have to charge me $50 for ground shipping. hopefully i can try them out with an atomizing sprayer i have by the end of the week.

my questions for johnkleven and drivepur are;

How fine can the tornador spray it? is it a pain to swap out chemicals between stages? i dont own one yet, and since its ~120 i figure i might as well get the fogger for ~500 shipped.

how loud is the fogger unit?how heavy is it?

why do you waste 2oz of product everytime? i understand it isnt supposed to run dry, but the manual seems to state to dispose of fluid after use and to use a fresh 4oz bottle?? is it not reusable on the next car? cant i just add 2 more oz to that for a 5 minute cycle?

can i order larger bottles direct from drivepur? the rep i talked to sounded like he will only be selling 4oz bottles which is too much trouble to go through.

i know it is meant for automotive use, but how large of a room do you think it can fog? i was looking to try it in a 12x10x10 smoking lounge.

and last question is how safe is it when you first open the doors after fogging?

thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    The tornador works great and really penetrates the fabric and carpet in the car. The pressure of the tornador is also enough to shoot in one heater vent and it will start oozing out the rest of the vents. Looking forward to trying the new machine though, especially if it uses less product. Tornador is really easy to use, as I have a cup and cap for each chemical, so I just unscrew and reinstall gun on a different cup. Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynick808
    why do you waste 2oz of product everytime? i understand it isnt supposed to run dry, but the manual seems to state to dispose of fluid after use and to use a fresh 4oz bottle?? is it not reusable on the next car? cant i just add 2 more oz to that for a 5 minute cycle?

can i order larger bottles direct from drivepur? the rep i talked to sounded like he will only be selling 4oz bottles which is too much trouble to go through.

i know it is meant for automotive use, but how large of a room do you think it can fog? i was looking to try it in a 12x10x10 smoking lounge.

and last question is how safe is it when you first open the doors after fogging?

thanks in advance

Hey Jaynick...My Drivepur rep advised me I could pour and reuse the additional 2oz of chemical left over. And you can order the chemicals by the gallon or 4 gallon cases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jbankO
    Hey Jaynick...My Drivepur rep advised me I could pour and reuse the additional 2oz of chemical left over. And you can order the chemicals by the gallon or 4 gallon cases.

Questions about the fogger - we wanted to deliver the product using less than a 4 micron droplet - The only way to accomplish this by is using and ultra-sonic. Fog is created by sound vibration the heads require 2 ounces of product to sit on top of the heads anything below that will shut off the heads. We have a drain line that allows you to capture the 2 ounces - You can look at this way ( treat 2 cars capture 4 ounces of product the 3rd car you treat is free.)

Post Thanks / Like
    We also package in 32 ounce spray bottles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to be getting the chemicals on Monday. I plan to use a Fogmaster Jr for right now and then purchase the sonic fog machine a little later. I will report back with how well the Fogmaster does and how much wiping is needed as it`s not a totally dry fog like the sonic fogger.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This turned out to be a really good thread. Keep us posted on the results.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivePur
    We also package in 32 ounce spray bottles.

Do those allow for use without a fogger? I realize it wouldn`t be the same, but for a non-pro/one-time deal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hrmmmmmm. I`m interested in the opinions coming from the folks that have ordered it. I`m definitely interested in this setup.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Do those allow for use without a fogger? I realize it wouldn`t be the same, but for a non-pro/one-time deal...

You can use w/ a sprayer or even the tornador.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my 3 gallons of product on Tuesday, the fogger shipped seperate and should be here any day now then I`ll post my review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jbankO
    You can use w/ a sprayer or even the tornador.

You lost me....why would I need a sprayer if it comes in "spray bottles"?

As for the tornador, I don`t plan to get one otherwise sure, that`d be how I`d use the stuff. I`m looking for the cheapest, simplest way to do a one-time deodorizing for a non-critical situation (the aforementioned Crown Vic, which I can simply live with if need be).

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information