Post Thanks / Like
    I have a situation that I have never been faced with in all of my 26 years in the business and need some professional advice. I have a car collector that has some Vintage cars that suffered smoke damage.

His house burnt down to the ground but thank god his cars were saved!

I am going out next week to evaluate them. The detailing part should be fairly straight forward but I am concerned whether or not I can completely eliminate the lingering smoke smell.

I have treated vehicles with my Thermal Fogging machine using Firefog Solution #404 designed to eliminate smoke odors for other situations but I`m not sure how effective this will be in this situation.

Some of the vehicles are convertibles and because they are classics probably won`t have a good enough seal to hold in the chemical long enough to do a thorough job.

Any suggestions on how to approach elimination the odor completely or is this a maybe it will work and maybe it won`t situation? I was also thinking of using an Ozone machine after the initial fogging was done. Again not sure how effective that will be.

I appreciate any feed back!

Post Thanks / Like
    DrivePur works very well. I have had a few fire cars in the past, and it was the best solution I could find. It worked 100% on one car after 3 treatments, and one car was really bad, and I got it 90% after 5 treatments. Best of luck.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    DrivePur works very well. I have had a few fire cars in the past, and it was the best solution I could find. It worked 100% on one car after 3 treatments, and one car was really bad, and I got it 90% after 5 treatments. Best of luck.

John

Thanks for the tip John,

Where can I order the product DrivePur?

Post Thanks / Like
    Also look into ozone. I had a similar situation where a body shop had a classic vette catch fire overnight. Talk about an electrical fluke. The fire thankfully did not spread and was contained to the one vehicle, and put itself out. Some customer vehicles were left with the windows open, and the interiors (especially cloth) were charred black inside.

We gave them a thorough deep interior clean, and ran ozone for a few hours and they were fine. We sealed the machine inside the vehicles, and taped around the seals where air may escape, and also let the A/C recirculate.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dakota has a products called Non-Smoke Odor Eliminator and Cquartz has a product called Clean Air for odor removal.
    Auto Obsessed

Online Reseller of Premium Detailing Products

Edmonton, AB Canada

Thread Information