Post Thanks / Like
    Our work is hard, actually its not just hard but VERY HARD. About a year ago i didnt know what are swirls are on my black BMW, i didnt even know that something like that exists i just washed it and waxed my hood and i was done. I didnt know how to even use clay and didnt think it was needed at all. Now i know a lot more than just wash and wax thanks to all helpful members here, thanks guys! Being detailer is working harder than on construction. I have a deep respect for detailers now because i know what it is.

keep detailin`.

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailing definately takes a toll on your entire body. Plus all the chemicals you`re exposed to. Very few are able do this profession thier entire working life.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I am not trying to do this full time for the rest of my life, but for the time being, its pretty damn fun! have to like what you do, and I love it....the paint correction work that is, not the simple washes or wash and waxes! the transformations from ugly to brand new are what get me going!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been detailing full time since 1994 and don`t see myself stopping anytime soon. I think staying active beyond just detailing has helped me physically, so far no back or knee problems. Hopefully I can keep going another 20 years or so, at the rate things are going, I don`t think I will be retiring at 65...
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I`ve been detailing full time since 1994 and don`t see myself stopping anytime soon. I think staying active beyond just detailing has helped me physically, so far no back or knee problems. Hopefully I can keep going another 20 years or so, at the rate things are going, I don`t think I will be retiring at 65...

LOL!! Glad to hear that!

When we`re buffing a car, we have to be conscious of our posture.

Use the right posture, and whenever possible, sit correctly on your caddy or revolving stool. Any signs of strain on the neck or knees could be telling us we`re doing it wrong.

Exercise is very important if we wanna stay in good shape for detailing work.

Minimise contact with harsh chemicals by wearing gloves.

For me, hearing is critical cos I`m a hi-fi and car audio nut. So, my staff and I always wear earplugs.

For me, I never miss my daily swim.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is hard work. I`ve been in business for five years now and I can tell my shoulders have got some miles on them. Yeah the summer heat sucks and cold is crippling. Then I go to my father inlaw`s house. He` been in the concrete biz for 30 years. His hand look mangled and he is hunched over. My saying is is that it can always be worse!

This is why I`m going from detailer to business owner and trainer. I have learned a lot in the last 5 years......enough to train others to work for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    Yeah the summer heat sucks and cold is crippling.

The cold is a lot worse to deal with. Cold hands, cold feet, takes longer and more towels to dry cars, shorter days, having to wear more than shorts and a t-shirt, etc.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the days are shorter......because of the light and temps. I can`t start till 10am and have to stop around 4pm. SUCKS!

Thread Information