Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, i was a big rotary user but one time Ive tried my G.G. D.A. and got in love with it, no swirls, descent cut. Very good one stepper.. and etc.. even thought i still use my makita but am still impressed every time i use with my griots. But i was wondering if the flex 3401 vrg, or 7424 is a good compared to each other, flex with griots? Would it leave swirls or its based on the same principle as my griots garage da? Or its same thing just higher speed, more cutting power? Im Sorry for the noob question, am a noob at da`s. can you do one step with flex? And what would you recomend, the new one or the old one? Thanks everyone for help!

Post Thanks / Like
    sacdetailing- Not familiar with the 7424...is that their rotary? Eh, I can`t keep all the model numbers straight

IMO the Griot`s will work as well as the Flex 3401 *except* for cases where you need/want to apply more pressure or otherwise want a more aggressive polishing action. In those cases the powered-rotation of the Flex is simply a different/better type of tool compared to free-spinning-rotation tools like the GG and the PC.

The Flex should`nt leave "swirls" or holograms or any other such artifacts if used with the right pads/products; it should be just like the other RO/DA machines in that regard. So yeah, it can one-step, and even work with LSPs, just fine.

IF you`re happy with the Griot`s then you don`t need the Flex. Especially since you have a Makita for the really aggressive work (and/or for products that aren`t RO/DA-friendly).

Heh heh, regulars here know that I love my Flex, but I also like my Griot`s and I really don`t think that *you* need the Flex.

Post Thanks / Like
    just got an e-mail from autoanything and they are having a 12% off sale and FREE shipping as usual with no minimum purchase. they carry the Griots line and the 6" RO is $129.99 and with the code, " EOC1018 " it brings it down (discount off $15.60) to $114.39 to your doorstep... *sale ends friday*

Thread Information