Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I came across this detail van that I am interested in buying. I thought I would try get an idea of what ya`ll think its worth.

I value the van alone at $9000 (2003 Express with low mileage) but I`m having a hard time putting a number on the equipment. He wont part it out so I would have to buy the whole rig...supplies included. My rough calculations peg the value of the van, equipment, and whatever supplies he has at around $12000. He wants $18000. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you think the van is worth $9000, then the rest of the stuff is NOT worth another 9K. You could buy all that stuff brand new, plus even more good stuff for 9K.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    If you think the van is worth $9000, then the rest of the stuff is NOT worth another 9K. You could buy all that stuff brand new, plus even more good stuff for 9K.

I agree that the equipment is not worth 9K...I value it at about 3K ($12000 for the van, equipment, and supplies assuming it is all in good working order). The guy is selling it for his brother who moved back to Iran so I think I can grind him down to about 12K if the set up is worth it. I guess I am wondering if it is worth setting up my own rig from scratch or buying a complete rig. I already have most of what I need so a lot of the equipment would be back up stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    Hey guys, I came across this detail van that I am interested in buying. I thought I would try get an idea of what ya`ll think its worth.

I value the van alone at $9000 (2003 Express with low mileage) but I`m having a hard time putting a number on the equipment. He wont part it out so I would have to buy the whole rig...supplies included. My rough calculations peg the value of the van, equipment, and whatever supplies he has at around $12000. He wants $18000. What do you think?

Hey,

Where you from? I`m out in the Surrey area.... I actually was looking into buying the same thing from this guy! haha, I also tried to have the guys sell the equipment seprately, but no go on that one. From the pictures that the guy has I don`t see it being very valuable, your better off buying everything yourself seperatly.

Cheers
    u gotta invest money to make money!

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetwash
    Hey,

Where you from? I`m out in the Surrey area.... I actually was looking into buying the same thing from this guy! haha, I also tried to have the guys sell the equipment seprately, but no go on that one. From the pictures that the guy has I don`t see it being very valuable, your better off buying everything yourself seperatly.

Cheers

I`m in Abbotsford. PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    - The carpet extractor alone is worth a MINIMUM $2500 CDN brand new.

- The Honda pressure washer unit is roughly $1100 CDN brand new.

- That water holding tank would cost you around $300 CDN locally if you could find one.

- I`d need a part number (can`t see too clearly from the pictures), but I believe that Sanborn air compressor is their industrial model, which is $600 CDN brand new.

- As for the chemicals, I`d need to know what exactly and what brand, and I can tell you what the wholesale is on them. I see halogens, a cheap shop vac, ramps, an air pump sprayer, which collectively brand new would be around $250 CDN.

- The polisher looks like a Makita rotary ? Don`t know what to value that at since I don`t know much about rotarys, but let`s say $250 CDN for a brand new one (should be a fair price).

So without products and anything that I can`t easily see from the pictures, you`re at $5000 CDN. Take depreciation into account, and yeah, you`re probably at around $3000+ depending on the chemicals and such.

Are you SURE the van is only worth around $9K ? I`d have thought it to be more around $11K to $13K, really depending on mileage and overall condition.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    - The carpet extractor alone is worth a MINIMUM $2500 CDN brand new.

- The Honda pressure washer unit is roughly $1100 CDN brand new.

- That water holding tank would cost you around $300 CDN locally if you could find one.

- I`d need a part number (can`t see too clearly from the pictures), but I believe that Sanborn air compressor is their industrial model, which is $600 CDN brand new.

- As for the chemicals, I`d need to know what exactly and what brand, and I can tell you what the wholesale is on them. I see halogens, a cheap shop vac, ramps, an air pump sprayer, which collectively brand new would be around $250 CDN.

- The polisher looks like a Makita rotary ? Don`t know what to value that at since I don`t know much about rotarys, but let`s say $250 CDN for a brand new one (should be a fair price).

So without products and anything that I can`t easily see from the pictures, you`re at $5000 CDN. Take depreciation into account, and yeah, you`re probably at around $3000+ depending on the chemicals and such.

Are you SURE the van is only worth around $9K ? I`d have thought it to be more around $11K to $13K, really depending on mileage and overall condition.

Thanks for taking the time to break it down like that. That`s roughly the same calculations I used to come to the 3k value...I just wanted to make sure I wasn`t missing something. The chemicals are Carbrite (which I already use for my wholesale work) and are worth a couple hundred dollars. I can by vans at $500 over wholesale so $9000 for the van is a generous allowance...retail it`s a 11 - 12K van.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the Van is worth ~$9000, but no way in hell is it worth $18K turn key! Unless the equipment is brand new in the box(which it`s not) it`s worth no more than 50% of retail. What makes you think this guy is negotiable $6000?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Yes, the Van is worth ~$9000, but no way in hell is it worth $18K turn key! Unless the equipment is brand new in the box(which it`s not) it`s worth no more than 50% of retail. What makes you think this guy is negotiable $6000?

I don`t think he will move $6000, but he wont part it out either and I don`t think there are many guys looking to buy a detailing rig. It doesn`t hurt to try...the first detail van I bought included thousands of dollars in equipment and supplies, plus a $3500 Windstar cargovan and I got the whole rig for $3100 because the guy just wanted to sell it. I already have a van so I can wait the guy out if I have to.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say the contents are $2-3K USD.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a brand new van, 2009 under 3000 miles. stocked with everything needed. Carpet extractor, new vac, 225 gallon tank, custom built For Sale 26k

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    Thanks for taking the time to break it down like that. That`s roughly the same calculations I used to come to the 3k value...I just wanted to make sure I wasn`t missing something. The chemicals are Carbrite (which I already use for my wholesale work) and are worth a couple hundred dollars. I can by vans at $500 over wholesale so $9000 for the van is a generous allowance...retail it`s a 11 - 12K van.
    No prob. BTW, I used to live in Abby, lol, Trethewey Street to be exact. OK, yeah so the van is worth a bit more. Honestly, if the whole setup was ~$14K, that`s not a terrible price. One has to also factor in the time it takes to build such a setup, and the time and expenses incurred to physically go and get all those supplies and equipment. In the lower mainland at least you can probably find everything locally somewhere in the GVRD. If it had to be shipped, then that`s even more expense.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but your time is not free. Going and getting all this equipment and setting it up in the van takes time, which has to calculated into an expense.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Thread Information