Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to imagine that a Tornado can produce equal or better results then isolated brush scrubbing via APC. There`s much less friction and much more uncontrollable wetness with them. It`s a tool that has a place, but I would never be able to do 100% of an interior with one. I feel the same about steamers. Decent for general easy cleaning, but practically impossible to clean an entire steering wheel, behind door handles, between seats, radios, inward sections of dash, etc.. Again, this is my opinion based on my own experience. I`ve become accustomed with my regiment over the years.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as an air compressor goes, the one thin I can tell you is don`t go cheap. Get a good one. You`ll want at least 30 gallons for serious work, If your a weekend guy Im sure Fermani can point you the right way to go for a smaller more powerfull unit like he has. On the lines of a tornado tool. I have owned 2 of them over the years and love them to death. It is not the end all tool for interiors. WAS while I value your opionion I personally feel there is no way it can compete with straight compressed air and good old fashion hand scrubbing. David has it right here.In all seriousness I can make the worst interior look brand spanken new with a APC, bucket, bottle with sprayer, a few brushes, and compressed air and a shop vac!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Hard to imagine that a Tornado can produce equal or better results then isolated brush scrubbing via APC. There`s much less friction and much more uncontrollable wetness with them. It`s a tool that has a place, but I would never be able to do 100% of an interior with one. I feel the same about steamers. Decent for general easy cleaning, but practically impossible to clean an entire steering wheel, behind door handles, between seats, radios, inward sections of dash, etc.. Again, this is my opinion based on my own experience. I`ve become accustomed with my regiment over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    WAS while I value your opionion I personally feel there is no way it can compete with straight compressed air and good old fashion hand scrubbing. David has it right here.In all seriousness I can make the worst interior look brand spanken new with a APC, bucket, bottle with sprayer, a few brushes, and compressed air and a shop vac!!
    I definitely won`t say that the Tornador does a "better" job than the regular brush + APC method. I don`t know though, I find I can get nearly everything cleaned the same way as the traditional method (behind door handles, etc). Again, I have to say that having the cone brush add-on for the Tornador is a MUST, the Tornador on its own certainly just doesn`t cut it. There`s two things I like about the Tornador, that`s the massive reduction of product used, and the speed at which you can do interiors with. Instead of a brush, bottle of APC, air gun and MF towel, you`re down to an MF towel and the Tornador.

I suppose it also depends what kind of interior you`re dealing with. If your interior is already clean and you`re trying to get that single grain of sand out of a screw hole, then yeah, probably spot cleaning the traditional way is better. I`m sure you`ve both seen some of my details that have been posted, so you know what I`m up against.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you using a microfiber for interiors?

Post Thanks / Like

because he can suckas~!!!! (JUST KIDDING!!!)

hmm starting to itch to get my own air comp now =[...question i see mentions of people using air pressure to clean out cars---but i mean....doesn`t that blow dust around to resettle around the car? what exactly do you use it for?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would have answered this for you but you called us all Suckas!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL air compressors are great for a dry sweep to move dirt from tight vents under seats and such. you can blow the dirt from under a seat to the front floor for a quick vac. Also great for standing up carpet. To answer your ? if your blowing debris around then did you really clean the car? You should first get all the dirt out of a car before any scrubbing. I could go on and on and on about air compressors for interiors. Put it this way if I didn`t have one I would never clean an interior again! They are a must for a truely clean interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    Much better dirt retention and cleaning ability than a traditional terry cloth ? Am I the only one that does this ? lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    Much better dirt retention and cleaning ability than a traditional terry cloth ? Am I the only one that does this ? lol

I use both MF and terry cloth depending on what I`m cleaning.

Put it this way if I didn`t have one I would never clean an interior again! They are a must for a truely clean interior.

No doubt! I`ve been using an air compressor since day one and can`t imagine trying to clean an interior without it. :hifive:

Post Thanks / Like

Because terry and cotton can scratch stereo face plates and the plastic protective piece that covers the instrument panel. Also, because I have a stack of MF`s that no longer get used on paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL air compressors are great for a dry sweep to move dirt from tight vents under seats and such. you can blow the dirt from under a seat to the front floor for a quick vac. Also great for standing up carpet. To answer your ? if your blowing debris around then did you really clean the car? You should first get all the dirt out of a car before any scrubbing. I could go on and on and on about air compressors for interiors. Put it this way if I didn`t have one I would never clean an interior again! They are a must for a truely clean interior.

Barry, you da man lol so pull out mats, vacuum and blow dust out of crevices? and run vacuum on other end?

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guy that lives around the corner from me had this compressor sitting in his garage that he inherited from his fathers estate. It appears as though it has NEVER been used and I was able to get it for $170. Just wondering if it will be the right tool for the job...if not I can probably re-sell it for $250.

Stats...

Pro Air II made by DeVilbiss

5 hp

20 gallon

5.0 SCFM at 90 PSI

What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    I guy that lives around the corner from me had this compressor sitting in his garage that he inherited from his fathers estate. It appears as though it has NEVER been used and I was able to get it for $170. Just wondering if it will be the right tool for the job...if not I can probably re-sell it for $250.

Stats...

Pro Air II made by DeVilbiss

5 hp

20 gallon

5.0 SCFM at 90 PSI

What do you think?
    In my opinion, this will do just fine for what you`re looking for. The specs are identical to the compressor I have in my shop, sauve that mine does 5.7 CFM @ 90 PSI. I would have no problem going with this compressor.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of good info here, I have a 6 gallon Porta Cable compressor and it runs all the time - but for me, I can arrange work to let it build up while I do other things. It`s better than nothing and it was free!

BTW - thanks David on the tip about AM H-D cleaner, best stuff I`ve ever tried on carpet.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information