Post Thanks / Like
    so lets say you have to hit the panel 3 times with megs 105 or any other compound and a orange pad/wool pad.

- do you hit the same spot 3 times in a row heating up the panel, or do you go about the whole panel, and then re-do the panel in the same sequence?

I am curious as to what other people are doing.

I personally use the first method of hitting it twice in a row. I figure the heat from the previous application will "soften" the paint up a bit and allow the 2nd and 3rd pass to "do more work"

thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    ill do 2 then then feel the panel if it feels to hot for me then i will wait till it cools then go back.
    04 cobra mystichrome Sold new home in AZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you need more than 3 passes with 105 your pad is not primed properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to finish the spot Im working on before moving to another spot. Keeps me more organized.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find revisiting it after a period of time seems to get better results. It may actually make no difference but I have this belief that the paint will settle down, the polishes etc.. will do the same and after that has happened it is ready for another go.

Kinda like a siesta if you will...

Post Thanks / Like
    If the panel gets hot to the touch, I let it cool before hitting it again. Better safe than sorry.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I might give a panel one overall pass to sorta "level the field" (no pun intended ) and see what it`s gonna call for, but I generally work the original area until it`s at least nearly-done. As D&D Auto Detail noted, it keeps me focused. Trying to go back and resume work (find the marring, remember what I`ve already done, etc. etc.) tends to mess me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    If you need more than 3 passes with 105 your pad is not primed properly.

Eh, I dunno...I`m priming KBK-style and I`ve had to hit some spots a lot more than 3 times with M105/orange. Yeah, probably shoulda wetsanded or used the rotary with Extra Cut instead; really aggressive work on hard clear can take a while with that M105/orange combo.

Heh heh, seems like I end up arguing this both ways huh? M105/orange is more aggresssive than I think some people give it credit for, but OTOH there are jobs that can remind ya how there are much *more* aggressive approaches.

Thread Information