Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I know a thread like this has been made before, but the search function seems to be down today as in everytime I search for something it takes me to a blank screen and never loads any results.

I have a car dealer I will be doing work for in the next few weeks once he finishes opening his doors. Need to build some pricing for basic cars to reconditioning. Other than doing basic wash, clay, wax and interior for those that are clean or need recleanings, I was thinking for a reconditioning on a vehicle...

$150-250

Wash

Clay

Clean Engine Bay & Dress

Wet Sand any major scratches

Touch up

1-Step the whole vehicle

Sealant

Clean interior & exterior windows

Scrub and clean all door panels, dash and center console.

Clean and treat all leather seats

Shampoo Carpets

Restore headlights if needed

Trying to get an idea from any other detailers that already have customers like this...what packages you offer them and if the current reconditioning package I listed to cheap or to much?

Thanks

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do mainly dealer work with cars that will sell for between $5,000 and $12,000. The dealers that I do work for would never pay to have a car clayed and are generally more interested in a clean interior than a perfect exterior. Most cars get a wash, spot polish, and basic wax, wheels cleaned and dressed, engine cleaned and dressed, interior detail with shampoo. I get a lot of work from these dealers and give them a pretty good price...usually about $125 for a sedan, but they understand if a bill is higher if the car needed more work. Most cars take me 4 - 4.5 hours.

Your situation could be very different depending on your location, the type of cars you are working on, and the dealers expectations. Find out what is important to the dealer and focus your time and energy on those areas of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JPostal
    I do mainly dealer work with cars that will sell for between $5,000 and $12,000. The dealers that I do work for would never pay to have a car clayed and are generally more interested in a clean interior than a perfect exterior. Most cars get a wash, spot polish, and basic wax, wheels cleaned and dressed, engine cleaned and dressed, interior detail with shampoo. I get a lot of work from these dealers and give them a pretty good price...usually about $125 for a sedan, but they understand if a bill is higher if the car needed more work. Most cars take me 4 - 4.5 hours.

Your situation could be very different depending on your location, the type of cars you are working on, and the dealers expectations. Find out what is important to the dealer and focus your time and energy on those areas of the car.

Yeah I am waiting to hear back from him and will get an exact idea of what would be included. I believe most of his cars will be from $10,000-$30,000, so I will see all what he wants and will go from there. Just wanted to double check and make sure that my prices were not to high or anything. I can change the price around pending on what he wants. Which like you said the price will change on size of vehicle going from say a small car to a large suv with also including how much spot buffing needs to be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    $150-250 - Too Much - You`ll get knocked off by competition really fast

Wash - refer to it as "prep"

Clay - included in "prep"

Clean Engine Bay & Dress - included in "prep"

Wet Sand any major scratches - Not unless you`re getting paid extra

Touch up - Not unless you`re getting paid extra

1-Step the whole vehicle - If possible

Sealant - Why? They don`t need to be waxed - "Glaze" them

Clean interior & exterior windows - Yes, of course - Interior

Scrub and clean all door panels, dash and center console. - Interior

Clean and treat all leather seats - No need to treat

Shampoo Carpets - Interior

Restore headlights if needed - Not unless you`re getting paid extra

I suggest doing a "walk around" with the UC Mgr when you pick up each car to ala carte your add ons. Tar / Overspray / Odors / Interior Repair / etc
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    $150-250 - Too Much - You`ll get knocked off by competition really fast

Wash - refer to it as "prep"

Clay - included in "prep"

Clean Engine Bay & Dress - included in "prep"

Wet Sand any major scratches - Not unless you`re getting paid extra

Touch up - Not unless you`re getting paid extra

1-Step the whole vehicle - If possible

Sealant - Why? They don`t need to be waxed - "Glaze" them

Clean interior & exterior windows - Yes, of course - Interior

Scrub and clean all door panels, dash and center console. - Interior

Clean and treat all leather seats - No need to treat

Shampoo Carpets - Interior

Restore headlights if needed - Not unless you`re getting paid extra

I suggest doing a "walk around" with the UC Mgr when you pick up each car to ala carte your add ons. Tar / Overspray / Odors / Interior Repair / etc

Yeah thats my plan, was to just wait until I talk with them about what the want specificly. But I was figuring $250 being everything listed on a large size vehicle. But if they are wanting things like you said then I would figure that $150 would be on the high side of things.

Thanks thouhg! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy a lot of D151 and fill them cars. Seriously Dealers want a clean shiney car! Remember the outside of a car brings them in but the interior sells them. I would focus on a good solid degreasing and get the car as clean as possible first. Spend your time on the interior. LIke David said 1 step them and glaze them. Its about turnover not perfection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Buy a lot of D151 and fill them cars. Seriously Dealers want a clean shiney car! Remember the outside of a car brings them in but the interior sells them. I would focus on a good solid degreasing and get the car as clean as possible first. Spend your time on the interior. LIke David said 1 step them and glaze them. Its about turnover not perfection.

Yeah that is a good idea...since none of my products are glazes what would you recommend? Also D151 or Meguiars Cut & Cream which is what I have been using for jobs similar to this?

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    151 would be the best. You can remove water spots and remove/fill in minor defects. Easy to use.

I remember two things that I liked to show when I sold cars....

The engine bay and trunk.

We had a great detail manager and he always made sure these areas were clean. I do remember one time opening the hood on one we took in and hadn`t got back to him yet. It was horrible and I`m sure it helped in the customer leaving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, You need to get ahold of Ardex, Automagic or car brite. Ardex has a ton of filling glazes. I would stay away from Meg. for a glaze you want a product that is cheap, in bulk, Preferably a liquid glaze, something with alot of fillers. One step them, Don`t worry about holograms the glaze will fill it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    151 would be the best. You can remove water spots and remove/fill in minor defects. Easy to use.

I remember two things that I liked to show when I sold cars....

The engine bay and trunk.

We had a great detail manager and he always made sure these areas were clean. I do remember one time opening the hood on one we took in and hadn`t got back to him yet. It was horrible and I`m sure it helped in the customer leaving.

Guess once I run out of the Cut & Cream I will have to switch to a gallon of the D151.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Seriously, You need to get ahold of Ardex, Automagic or car brite. Ardex has a ton of filling glazes. I would stay away from Meg. for a glaze you want a product that is cheap, in bulk, Preferably a liquid glaze, something with alot of fillers. One step them, Don`t worry about holograms the glaze will fill it!

You seem to know a good number of fillers...any you would recommend? Or do you recommend just 1 stepping a filler in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry is the filler King!! :p

Check these polishes out:

Auto Magic Car Care Auto Detailing Polish and Wax

BC-2 is my favorite.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MachNU
    Guess once I run out of the Cut & Cream I will have to switch to a gallon of the D151.

You seem to know a good number of fillers...any you would recommend? Or do you recommend just 1 stepping a filler in?

Ardex Highline is a great filling product! Yes I do know what fillers are. I have useed them for years when doing high volume. They have there purpose. Although I no longer use them. ( Unless the customer request`s something like that ) or maybe check out davids suggestion is obvious he knows his fillers as well! :LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Barry is the filler King!! :p

Attachment 15363 :LOLOL:hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    I would use 1z metallic polish with a white or green pad. Won`t swirl them up and has a lite wax in it. Perfect for dealers and cheap enough it won`t break the bank and also look better than anything your competition is using. Even when doing dealership work you want to stand out from the rest of the detAilers out there, they will notice your quality, otherwise you`re only bargaining tool is price. When you`re bargaining with price you`re forced into hack work.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Any more ideas for a great 1-step filling product thats cheap? I am getting into wholesale detailing, I want something super heavy, that fills and looks good when the dealer picks it up. No need for it to last.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont clay and seal.( way to cost inefficient), Instead just wash 1-step polish as needed and then a glaze or wax on top.
    Originaly Posted by: camaro5ryan

CG customer service sucks... Good luck.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information