Post Thanks / Like
    what to do? Black Mercedes, c class, repainted long time ago, now wet sanded, and am buffing it now, everything is great, am using m105 on solo 1 megiars cutting pad. After i polished it, and was trying to get residue out of the other door i polished before with a microfiber towel, i got more scratches then before. Like a lot more. plz tell me what to do.

maybe a need a new one? i was using some towels from cragen auto parts store. probably those suck

Post Thanks / Like
    see if those towels pass the cd swipe test. I highly doubt it. You might need to invest in some quality microfiber towels. Sounds like you are just marring the surface and if that is the case that will come out with a medium and a finishing polish.

Check out Pakshak Towels. There are numerous places that sell quality towels but don`t continue to use those cragen towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    ehy are those microfiber towels good at wal mart? I mean woudld they work ok?

Post Thanks / Like
    When cleaning off M105 residue, I find that products like M34 can minimize the introduction of new micromarring. Let the M34/etc. affect a solvent-action to soften/loosen the residue, then use a little more to try to encapsulate that residue before you *VERY GENTLY* wipe it off with a *VERY* soft/plush MF.

I`d be skeptical about any very affordable, OTC towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    stop wiping after each step!!!! leave the residue on the paint and let the next step clean it up.

I would use 105, then 203, then 85rd all in a row, THEN wipe off the 85rd residue. The oils in the 203 and 85rd will no doubt make wiping MUCH easier!!!

and some better towels as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    stop wiping after each step!!!! leave the residue on the paint and let the next step clean it up.

I would use 105, then 203, then 85rd all in a row, THEN wipe off the 85rd residue. ..

If I don`t get all the M105 residue off, its abrasives cause micromarring that looks hideous (at least under the SunGun) :think: No way I`d want to keep going with milder products without removing it first...

Not intended as an :argue but rather as a

That`s my one gripe (eh, wrong word "gripe"...more like "concern") about the M105`s nondiminishing abrasives; they`re a double-edged sword because they`re always capable of cutting.

Thread Information