Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    Question. Why don`t you use the Prep-Wash for M105 residue?

My primary concern with the M105 residue is micromarring from the abrasives (especially once the various lube/carrier agent/whatever stuff is dried out). The #34 has better lubricity to help with that. ONR is another good (better?) choice, but I`m just a sucker for #34 so I usually reach for that instead.

And what`s your technique for PrepWash? I tried it full-strength on some 205 residue and to strip LSP on my hood, and it became a big, streaky mess. TIA

Basically, I just "use as directed". I mix it a little strong, but I don`t use it undiluted. I spray it on, let it dwell, and wipe it off with a damp, or even *wet* MF (usually a MF mitt). Then I`ll often spray some distilled water on the panel and wipe it off some more. I keep using it until it stops bringing up oils, watching for that "rainbow" effect where the oils mix with the PrepWash.

I can`t help but wonder if your "steaky mess" was almost a "feature", you know...as in, it was getting the M205 oils and the LSP to rise up off/out of the paint.

Can`t help but wonder how it`d work even more diluted than the advised 50:50 mix; the previous version had a list of various dilutions for different applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

My primary concern with the M105 residue is micromarring from the abrasives (especially once the various lube/carrier agent/whatever stuff is dried out). The #34 has better lubricity to help with that. ONR is another good (better?) choice, but I`m just a sucker for #34 so I usually reach for that instead.

Basically, I just "use as directed". I mix it a little strong, but I don`t use it undiluted. I spray it on, let it dwell, and wipe it off with a damp, or even *wet* MF (usually a MF mitt). Then I`ll often spray some distilled water on the panel and wipe it off some more. I keep using it until it stops bringing up oils, watching for that "rainbow" effect where the oils mix with the PrepWash.

I can`t help but wonder if your "steaky mess" was almost a "feature", you know...as in, it was getting the M205 oils and the LSP to rise up off/out of the paint.

Can`t help but wonder how it`d work even more diluted than the advised 50:50 mix; the previous version had a list of various dilutions for different applications.

No directions on mine, the printing on the label was unreadable. I sprayed it on and tried wiping it with a dry MF, I think that was my issue. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    No directions on mine, the printing on the label was unreadable. I sprayed it on and tried wiping it with a dry MF, I think that was my issue. Thanks.

Aha, yeah...I bet that explains it.

Post Thanks / Like
    no pressure at all

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information