Post Thanks / Like
    Do you pros use rotary buffer or orbital for both compounding and polishing? do you use them both?

Other than faster work time, what advantages does rotary have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ridiculous question. Do a search and stop being lazy. No ones gonna spoonfeed you information you could find yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that was not very helpful at all.

You can start with this info and if you need more you can try the search function.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...y-buffers.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Time2Shine
    Ridiculous question. Do a search and stop being lazy. No ones gonna spoonfeed you information you could find yourself

Time, you have a horrible attitude, didn`t your mother teach you if you can`t say something nice to shut your mouth?:nono

....and with only 6 yourself posts you say what you said..... pathetic.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by surfol
    Do you pros use rotary buffer or orbital for both compounding and polishing? do you use them both?

Other than faster work time, what advantages does rotary have?

I use both and they both have there pro`s and cons.

Rotary does more correction faster but at more risk.

Orbital does less correction but is extremely safe to work with and I love to use it just to even wax a car with.

If you`re going for 100% correction and flawless paint you`ll want a rotary.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use both. Lately I`ve been getting more and more 1 and 2 step polishing details, so I`ve been using a rotary for correction (usually M105/PFW) and Flex dual action for finishing (usually M205/white). Obviously it depends on the paint what pads/polishes are used but I started finishing with the Flex to avoid risk of any holograms. It`s good not having to worry about those.

As josh said though, you`ll want a rotary for good correction work as it cuts very well and very fast. It also finishes down great, but again, there`s almost always a risk for leaving slight holograms, thus me switching to the Flex DA for finishing (and for 1-step polishing also).
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a rotary 99% of the time. I think it finishes better, and also obviously cuts better. However some different paints like subaru black, and some porsche black paints can be very "sticky". When you`re fighting with sticky paint, you`re better off using a dual action polisher like a Flex or Cyclo, as it won`t hop around so much on the paint. It will take more time to correct the paint properly on most paints, but on certain paints it will actually save you time and give a better result.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an orbital 90% of the time because it is very comfortable to use, and accomplishes what I need it to accomplish. For paint correction, including deep scratches I use my rotary.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I use and enjoy both tools and it will vary from car to car which I choose to use. On multi-step corrections it usually involves both though.

Post Thanks / Like
    It just depends on the paint and condition of the paint. All I need on my personal cars is a DA, but like to use my rotary with Ultrafina and a blue 3m pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use both depending on what I am trying to accomplish and the level of correction the customer is willing to pay for.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Rotary 95% of the time. PC for tricky spots and LSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have a bad attitude at all.. Its just that if everyone made a thread about something easily findable through 100 other threads, this place would turn into a madhouse. I understand everyone`s here to help but when the second person replying to your thread posts a link to a sticky of all things to answer said poster`s question, thats ridiculous. What made the op so incapable of finding it himself?My post count is also irrelevant to anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have a bad attitude at all.. Its just that if everyone made a thread about something easily findable through 100 other threads, this place would turn into a madhouse. I understand everyone`s here to help but when the second person replying to your thread posts a link to a sticky of all things to answer said poster`s question, thats ridiculous. What made the op so incapable of finding it himself?My post count is also irrelevant to anything.

I`m all for searching, but creating another thread about the same topic 1000 other threads already address creates 1 more thread to be found by the next user that actually searches for it. You on the other hand are taking up webspace with completely pointless posts. Contradicting yourself in a big way if you ask me.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post count is pretty irrelevant no matter how you slice it (IMHO). How communicative you are isn`t of importance (IMHO), it`s how you communicate when you choose to.

As one of the last few members from the 2001/beginning era left, I can say we`ve seen plenty of users like you post before and they`ve all gone too. Relax before you make your head explode because someone asked a question that`s been asked before. It happens dozens of times a day here.

Thread Information