Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How much would you charge for one step polish, and of course and some bfwd LSP?

how about 2 step? or more? thanks for advise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on exactly what else is being done. I start exterior details (wash, clay, 1 DA polishing step and LSP) at $100 for small cars-takes about 2.5 hours total, and price and time go up depending on vehicle size. For 90% of the people interested in a detail, 1 DA polishing step is enough to make their jaw drop when they see the car.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    i would say 100-150 would be a good price for a one step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Depends on exactly what else is being done. I start exterior details (wash, clay, 1 DA polishing step and LSP) at $100 for small cars-takes about 2.5 hours total, and price and time go up depending on vehicle size. For 90% of the people interested in a detail, 1 DA polishing step is enough to make their jaw drop when they see the car.

thanks. they dont realy get why u need expensive multiple steps, all they need is good shiny car lol.

What speed do i polish with? (Makita, LC 5.5" pads. I have m105,m205 compounds) AND LOTS OF DIFF. LC PADS. yellow, orange, and so on.

Post Thanks / Like
    not to thread jack . . . . . but this is great information. My website is in the works and now that i am forced to put up prices im having a slightly difficult time getting things together.

Scott what products are you generally using for one steppers as far as polish and pads go and what else do you include with that?

Post Thanks / Like
    well if you are doing a 1 step polish only maybe a green or white pad and some M205

with the makita you can go like 2.5 on the speed dial which is about 1200 rpms. Scott will chime in though im sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Either #205 or (at least as of late) Optimum Hyper Polish with a 5.5" orange Erasure cutting pad, although OHP is aggressive enough with a cutting pad to leave light micromarring black paint so I switch to a Meguiars yellow polishing pad on those cars. Seal with Carnauba Moose or Opti-Seal.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    what about if we don`t have megs yellow pads? I got some LC pads that i don`t like, Sonus and Uber pads . . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    For That Detail I Start At $150 For Samll Cars.......if You Only Have Lc Pads....try Using The Grey Pad To Apply The M205......i Have Had Great Results On All Color Cars Espesially Black
    PRISTINE DETAILS

SERVING THE ENTIRE S.F. BAY AREA

Marco (Owner/Operator)

Post Thanks / Like
    i need to order some 205 . . . . . i have poli seal but not sure i like that. It seems to gum up the pad pretty quick, stains the pad and i don`t get a long work time from it at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1-MEX
    For That Detail I Start At $150 For Samll Cars.......if You Only Have Lc Pads....try Using The Grey Pad To Apply The M205......i Have Had Great Results On All Color Cars Espesially Black

oh no i have LC pads but im not a fan of them. I have Sonus pads & Uber pads . . . uber pads are great. I wouldn`t have it any other way as that was the first flat pad i tried and don`t know why i stuck with LC CCS that long.

I still use LC from time to time just to use them up but more so the uber pads.

You actually get correction from M205 on a grey pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    what about if we don`t have megs yellow pads? I got some LC pads that i don`t like, Sonus and Uber pads . . . .

Use whatever polishing pad you want.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sacdetailing
    How much would you charge for one step polish, and of course and some bfwd LSP?

how about 2 step? or more? thanks for advise.

I don`t get that many cars that I can just do a 1 step on. If I do I try to charge atleast $300-400 for a 1st step with LSP on average size vehicles. Each step after that is $250-$300. The 1st step is slightly more due to the Prep, Clay, LSP and Dressing.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sacdetailing
    thanks. they dont realy get why u need expensive multiple steps, all they need is good shiny car lol.

What speed do i polish with? (Makita, LC 5.5" pads. I have m105,m205 compounds) AND LOTS OF DIFF. LC PADS. yellow, orange, and so on.

Please tell me you`re not doing a 1 step with a rotary?? that will be bad since you`ll most likely leave holograms behind with those pads you`re referring too.

If you`re going to do a single step job it should be with a DA as Scott mentioned and be able to finish down well.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I don`t get that many cars that I can just do a 1 step on. If I do I try to charge atleast $300-400 for a 1st step with LSP on average size vehicles. Each step after that is $250-$300. The 1st step is slightly more due to the Prep, Clay, LSP and Dressing.

I agree.

I charge $325 for my 1 step, but that includes interior, wash, clay, 1 step, rewash and LSP plus all the little things. I need to charge more too for how long it takes me.

In many cases I can get at least 50% correction or better and that`s worth a lot too me. In some cases of softer paint cars, I can get 75%+ correction achieved and then they`re getting way more for there money.

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information