Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    Maybe the question should be why not are more detailers using Collinite?

Not all that impressed with 845, but I still need to try 915, hear a lot of good things about it.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the question should be why not are more detailers using Collinite? Zaino has that premium name...Collinite is cheaper and no marketing frills...mixing time: zero seconds.

Collinite 915 is one of the standard waxes in my shop. The customer has to pay more to upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Collinite 915 is one of the standard waxes in my shop. The customer has to pay more to upgrade.

Thats a pretty good standard!
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Both John and Ryan vouching for 915, definitely need to order some!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    What is so gimmicky about Zaino? They have a AIO, 2 sealants, 1 WOWA sealant a gloss booster spray sealant and a detail spray. Not really f#$%ing different than anybody else is it? So there is a curing activator that needs to be added if you are applying multiple layers. Its like a 2 part epoxy. Nothing gimmicky about that

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, if you like it fine, I tried it and didn`t see what all the fuss was about. I didn`t think the look was anything special and didn`t notice any better durability than say DG 105. I have had it to look smeary/blotchy on a black Tundra when I pulled it out in the sun, added another 45 minutes to my job going back with a QD to make it look right. Then, there was the silver Acura that had 2 weeks before the beading quit - ok, that was my fault, I didn`t do 5x IPA`s after polishing with SIP.

Just my opinion but BFWD is the easiest to use, not finicky, consistant results and you get it done in 1 step.

No offence to those that use, like and enjoy the Z, it`s just not my thing.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the question should be why not are more detailers using Collinite?

I gave ebpcivicsi a tin of 476S to try out, and he liked it enough to use Collinite on some of his details.

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply.. a Pro that is paid to details want to do as much as possible as quickly and for as cheaply as possible and yet get superb results to get the most return from the time spent.

Sal system simply doesn`t fit into many pro`s arsenal as it`s "preceived" as overly complicated and time consuming. In reality.. it`s the same as any other line or mix of products between lines...

Layering with the commonly held notion of 3 per day to get the most of it is perfectly fine but in reality, 1 layer is more more more then plenty so the layering for a pro is total unfounded. The added benefit of a 2nd or even 3rd layer is minimal at best.

ZFX mixing.. big deal. Takes what.. 3 minutes top and even then, if you`re not layering is not even a point of discussion (see above). However, the cost of this little accelerator is crazy high! Yes i do buy it and use it, however lately i`ve found that not using in some sessions hasn`t seemed to affect either the 2nd or 3rd layer application and hasn`t really affected durablity.

Complexity?

He has a wash.. everyone has to wash a car so it`s a non issue. For a wash, it`s top rate with good suds and lubricity and added shine to the finish.

He has a Polish and cleaner.. if you`re gonna polish, what`s the biggie? That being said, Zaino`s line of polishes are really nothing special. Good, but not ground breaking like 105/205 were etc. Not bad, not class leading either.

He has 2 Sealants (2 for modern clearcoats + 1 for non clear coats). Zaino Z2/Z5 are top notch and very very durable and protecting. Easy on, easy off. No one can really fault his sealants. Z5 offers a very slight different looks to Z2 which some claim is more "wet" on dark colors. The fact is, Z5 mutes the color just a tiny bit. I for one want to see what the "real" paint is like versus muting a bit to make it more wet like.

He has a spray cleaner that you use after a wash or between layers. No biggie here.

He has "Lock" product in ClearSeal.. meh. Don`t really get why people are into these type of products.

He has a gloss enhancer, great product.

Then he has rubber, leather and glass products too. All of which are 1st rate.

However.. Zaino`s only really downfalls I would say is that

1. His polishes are simply average to below average with what other lines have to offer. So for a pro, absolutely no reason to go with Zaino`s.

2. Offers no true Wax...

3. This whole 100% terry towel stance for the longest time and now his ridiculously expensive microfiber are a shot in the arm for the line. NO WAY a paid pro would invest in his towels. No way an enthusist should then there is any value in his vs. others online.

4. Doesnt sell in value added large format packages for a pro.

It`s really a line for the avid enthusist.

However, you really can`t go wrong with a Wash and Final Step products (pro or non pro)

Zaino Z7 Wash (if you don`t want to use ONR).

Zaino Z2 Sealant

Zaino Z6 (i`d water it down 30-50% with distilled water)

Zaino Z8 Grand Final Spray

Zaino Z16 Tire is awesome and looks very good on rubber. A bottle goes a long way.

Zaino Z18 Clay as good as any clay.

Zaino Z10 Leather in a Bottle conditioner is good and smells good to boot. For a cleaner though, i`d skip Z9 and go with Leather Masters or Leatherique.

Realistically, you`d have one awesome detail if you just

Washed, Clayed with Z6, Polished (either Zainos, Meguiars 105/205), Z6 wipe, Z2, Z6 wipe 50% strength to save product, Z8 .. BANG.. admire the shine.

Yes I`m a Zaino user. Why, cause the line works, is really really easy to use and freakin durable to boot. For me though, I use AIO on jams and the interior but use Menzerna or Meguiars for Polishes on the exterior paint. More robust for my details.

:p
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah.. a lot of pro`s and detailing enthusists can not stand how some Zaino zealots are sooooooo passionate about the Zaino line that they make such a fuss that nothing else compares it just rubs people the wrong way and make them not even want to try it...
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy another Zaino war..... so what`s new....:hairpull
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    Oh boy another Zaino war..... so what`s new....:hairpull

Zaino war? I see a somewhat civil discussion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still use z6, z7, z8, z9, and z10. I tell all my customers to use z9 and z10 on their interiors for upkeep and they all love the products and love the smell.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the zaino kit about 3 years ago. took all day on one of my customers black Ferrari`s, what a pain in the *** that hole deal was, layer after layer did it just like sal said to do pulled the car outside to take a look and :hairpull. I lost my *** on that car. now i have been a professional detailer since 1979 and yes i have made a living at this since then. my thought is anything will look great after that many coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1-MEX
    i tried zaino when i owned my red camaro ss.....i applied 3 coats (took all day).....the car look great for about 2 weeks and thats it.....people hype it up so much, i dont have the heart to use it on my customers cars.....they pay me top dollar (for my area) and i wouldnt wanna give them a shine that only last 2 weeks.....the only thing i buy from is Z-6 and thats it......

So you never bothered to find out what you were doing wrong? If 3 coats took all day and you got 2 weeks, then there is a big problem there.

To the OP, I think its evident now that a lot do use it. And have stated why or why not.

But back to the Zaino war...

I like the stuff, its not complicated. Shoot, my mother can understand it for crying out loud. I like the look of `nubas better, but I love the durability of Zaino. I ask what my customers want, then I give them an LSP that meets their needs, sometimes its Zaino, sometimes its P21S 100%, Swissvax, Megs 16, Megs 21, Opti-Seal, Collinite, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried zano on a customers mercedes and it looked great. but it took way to long between layers and i felt that anything that gets several layers will look good. :har:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information