Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am still working on the business model I`m following for all of this. Everything just hit so fast. I will also list my short term and long term goals.

I`m also revamping my equipment and will list what I`m doing for detailing and crossing over into home cleanings.

Thanks to all and feel free to ask any questions. Let`s not do PM`s unless you feel it`s that important. I`d like to keep everything in here for all to see and discuss.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you ever just get burnt out doing wash after wash though?

One time I washed, spray waxed, tires dressed, etc six cars in a row and hated it.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter

One time I washed, spray waxed, tires dressed, etc six cars in a row and hated it.

there is a point in all of our lifes that we all need to take a bite out of the hard work sandwich. Some more then others . . . . . sorry had to edit that last part.

We all do things that we don`t necessarily like to do all the time but it`s what we must do during these hard times to pay the bills.

As Justin stated though it`s better then sitting at home doing jack squat. I hate the days where i sit at home and hope the phone rings. I mean i can sometimes find stuff to do to keep me busy but i would rather be out working and earning money so i can enjoy life and not have to stretch dollars farther and farther all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter

Not as of yet.

No vacuuming. No messy interior work. No interior windows. No burning up inside the vehicle. Let me see.......nope don`t miss it! I hated spending 4 hours on the same car or truck. Buffing panel after panel with my arms dragging at the end.

Now I can knock out 7-10 ONR washes with spray wax in less than 4 hours with drive time leaving me with that many happy customers versus 1. Love it. Of course, with time, it will become a task just like any job. I just have to stay motivated and build my business for the next phase.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like what you`re doing Justin. I implemented the same approach and found out some interesting things in the process. I started offering a hand wash, vac, windows and tires for $25. It has brought me many new customers. This guy said him and his wife heard of me, but never called me because they felt I was too expensive. He was pleased with his car, but that gives me the opportunity to offer other services to him now when he needs them down the line. Even one of my regular`s said they didn`t care for swirl removal and the extra stuff.....just as long as it was clean and it shined. It forced me to look at the group

After I leave my 9-5, I can get two cars done and on the weekends I usually do anywhere between 5-8 cars. I had a fear of offering something like this, but it has introduced me to some great customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DT08
    I like what you`re doing Justin. I implemented the same approach and found out some interesting things in the process. I started offering a hand wash, vac, windows and tires for $25. It has brought me many new customers. This guy said him and his wife heard of me, but never called me because they felt I was too expensive. He was pleased with his car, but that gives me the opportunity to offer other services to him now when he needs them down the line. Even one of my regular`s said they didn`t care for swirl removal and the extra stuff.....just as long as it was clean and it shined. It forced me to look at the group

After I leave my 9-5, I can get two cars done and on the weekends I usually do anywhere between 5-8 cars. I had a fear of offering something like this, but it has introduced me to some great customers.

sweet . . . . do you have a website that is advertising that rate or how are you getting it out to new customers?

Post Thanks / Like
    @vtec92civic: I don`t have a website yet, but word of mouth and passing out flyers is working for me. I might stop the flyers though.....a local car wash took my flyer design....lol. A woman called me earlier today who said one of her friends referred her to me. She wanted the $25 deal, but when she mentioned she was selling her car, that was an opportunity to let her know that I do full details as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not in the same boat, butd have come up with something I think will do very well..

I am keeping Envious as the higher end business, focusing on paint correction work, little interior work.

I am launching an express business here soon and it will be something similar to what just has going on.

Future plans hopefully will include just administrating and doing the logistics for 3-5 two man teams going out and handling all the wash, wash/waxes and wash/wasx/light inerior jobs while I am sitting back doing paint correction on a F-car, or at the beach enjoying some surf!! (hopefully its well enough to be doing the latter!!!)

Hopefully things turn out and work as I have envisioned them!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    Im not in the same boat, butd have come up with something I think will do very well..

I am keeping Envious as the higher end business, focusing on paint correction work, little interior work.

I am launching an express business here soon and it will be something similar to what just has going on.

Future plans hopefully will include just administrating and doing the logistics for 3-5 two man teams going out and handling all the wash, wash/waxes and wash/wasx/light inerior jobs while I am sitting back doing paint correction on a F-car, or at the beach enjoying some surf!! (hopefully its well enough to be doing the latter!!!)

Hopefully things turn out and work as I have envisioned them!!!!

Copy cat! Good luck to you and I both my friend. I`m doing the exact same thing... liquidedgedetail.com

Going to start small until my two friends (co-owners) are done with another job in a month, then invest some $5-8k in a mobile set up and go all out. Hopefully it works well. Didn`t want to mix it up with LUSTR as it`s a completely different market. Again, best of luck and thanks again to Justin for inspiring me to get off my *** and bring my long time idea of going into that market to life. :2thumbs:
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i have been thinking about doing this for a long time, and I absolutely hate working nights and weekends to make money at the restaurant, so I cant wait for it to make money for me so I can quit!

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like this thread is doing big things for everyone even if it`s just a inspirational thing.

I love detailing and don`t want to stop doing it. Maybe to build something steady and work a little less would be nice but i don`t want to sit back and have a ton of people working for me. Small operation and personable is what i like as i like to play a active roll in things.

Sometimes people don`t like the idea that the owner of the business isn`t the one working. It`s nice to see a business that is owned and worked by the same person . . . if you know what i mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DT08
    @vtec92civic: I don`t have a website yet, but word of mouth and passing out flyers is working for me. I might stop the flyers though.....a local car wash took my flyer design....lol. A woman called me earlier today who said one of her friends referred her to me. She wanted the $25 deal, but when she mentioned she was selling her car, that was an opportunity to let her know that I do full details as well.

awesome man. can i check out your flyer? don`t worry i`m not a thief LoL. If i can`t design something my girlfriend usually can whip something together for me.

One of my rivals here i noticed did the same thing. I have been advertising paint correction for a while and noticed that the rival guys all of a sudden have paint correction advertised now when they never even knew of it before.

Funny i tell you! Have you been handing them out to people, dropping them at business locations or sticking them on cars?

Color or B&W and are they on card stock?

Post Thanks / Like
    I too am setting up a crew and truck for my 25.00 washes!

Nice work guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    I too am setting up a crew and truck for my 25.00 washes!

Nice work guys!

hey that`s great justin . . . . can`t wait to see some pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will post pics but it`s so darn hard to with the advertising policy here and the way my truck is lettered up.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information