Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a discussion forum and I see nothing wrong with "challenging" people`s thoughts/opinions to stimulate healthy conversation. I find that many instances where people just blurt out info and ignorant blanket statements that have no credance to reality. I try giving opinions(educated guesses) on things I`m certain of or at least ones that I can defend with experience.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    This is a discussion forum and I see nothing wrong with "challenging" people`s thoughts/opinions to stimulate healthy conversation. I find that many instances where people just blurt out info and ignorant blanket statements that have no credance to reality. I try giving opinions(educated guesses) on things I`m certain of or at least ones that I can defend with experience.

very well said david!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

I usually see the debate going downhill when two people have two different opinions/experience with the same product/technique and both believe they can only be right and the other has to be wrong. Then one challenges the others skills, integrity, etc.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see your new idea worked out for you!

The problem I`m having with this type of service is that, upon receiving the car, the customer is happy but not amazed. This leads to them just going to an automated wash/etc.

I always find myself doing more work than I`m getting paid for to impress the customer. Like today I did a newer Monte Carlo that could use a decent buffing. They wanted to pay for a basic wash/clay/seal/interior/dressing but I ended up doing a light buffing. When they saw the car they were very happy (although it still needed buffed again lol) but I`m not making the money I need for that much work you know?

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HLxDrummer
    Glad to see your new idea worked out for you!

The problem I`m having with this type of service is that, upon receiving the car, the customer is happy but not amazed. This leads to them just going to an automated wash/etc.

I always find myself doing more work than I`m getting paid for to impress the customer. Like today I did a newer Monte Carlo that could use a decent buffing. They wanted to pay for a basic wash/clay/seal/interior/dressing but I ended up doing a light buffing. When they saw the car they were very happy (although it still needed buffed again lol) but I`m not making the money I need for that much work you know?

When I first started detailing, I would spend 8 hours on a vehicle. I would be so excited to finally show them that their paint was swirl free and the carpet stains were gone. You know what 80 percent did? Paid me and got in the car and left. Some would never even come outside and look. Once again, us Autopian like detailers and car care gurus only make up a small share of the market......I`d hate to guess at the percentage!

On another note, I too am so happy on how this thread has turned out. I thought I would get bashed on offering the new services. Instead, I have found encouragement and feel that others may have found ways to put food on their tables. Remember, that is the reason we work and detail daily.

Post Thanks / Like
    even if u were bashed screw it .. your supporting your family .thats all that matters..keep up the great work ...dont forget to post ur details.. love them ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trhland
    even if u were bashed screw it .. your supporting your family .thats all that matters..keep up the great work ...dont forget to post ur details.. love them ...

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I`ll try to post some up. Just not doing a lot of those full details. Maybe I`ll post up a day`s work of my outside wash and shines.

Here`s a product that I`ve got to try for my bulk detailing and really like.....

Stoner`s Trim Shine 5 gallon tire shine

I fill up four spray bottles so I have plenty on reserve. I keep a cheap MF covered sponge in a Tupperware container so it doesn`t dry out. It`s pretty much primed for use every time. After ONR`ing, tires are still little wet. I spray 3 spray onto the sponge and apply. The water on the tires does not seem to hurt that products look or durability. This stuff lasts too. I`ve done several now that had it applied two weeks previously and looked fine. Plus, at 60.00 for 5 gallons with no shipping, it`s a deal. It`s looks rivals that of some of the boutique tire dressings I`ve use before.

Stoner`s Speed Bead is really nice as well. Removes a lot of grime and oxidation that washing will not remove......by hand. It`s a two step wax and it must haze before removing. It does this fast though...by the time you get back to where you started, it`s ready to be removed. Comes off fast and easy and to me, is worth the extra time to use over mist and wipe spray waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting ready to hopefully close a deal on my county`s school buses. I`ve gave them a quote for 20.00 each with a total of 50 buses done monthly. Also, I`ve nailed down 3 local heating and air companies with a total of 25 vans and trucks. These will be done monthly as well. All are outside onlys.

I`m already looking at several trailers and setups for these fleets. The best thing is that they are willing to sign contract. It`s nice knowing that I have an exact amount of money to be made every month before I start out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats again Justin. Glad to see your fairing well with the changes you`ve implemented.

I am now eager to try the Speed Bead to see what thats all about. What`s the slickness like, is it slick like a sealant or kind of warm and grabby like IW845.

Again congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalker25
    Congrats again Justin. Glad to see your fairing well with the changes you`ve implemented.

I am now eager to try the Speed Bead to see what thats all about. What`s the slickness like, is it slick like a sealant or kind of warm and grabby like IW845.

Again congrats!

It leaves a plastic like feeling to the paint. Has more of a soft feel than a slick. It`s a product well worth having. I use it now on my personal vehicles. Just simple to use and store. Beads like crazy and then sheets off when low pressure rinsing is used.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a local Big Lots stop and look for Pearl Glo acrylic spray. For $2 a bottle it would be good for wash and shine applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    If you have a local Big Lots stop and look for Pearl Glo acrylic spray. For $2 a bottle it would be good for wash and shine applications.

Ok. Sure will check this out if you`re recommending it. I`ll go by there today.

What would you compare it to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin,

This is a hugely inspirational thread. After reading this (all pages) I have decided to take my website down and rethink the entire direction of how I want to grow my own mobile detailing business. I`m going to speak with my wife-to-be tonight (who is in support of me doing mobile detailing 24/7 and wants me to quit my day job ASAP) and make a decision on what to do. I love doing a full detail on a car, but I need to consider a sustainable business model, and IMO, this would be great anytime of the year. It also would play to some of my personal strengths as well.

Thanks for your open advice and counsel.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    I`m getting ready to hopefully close a deal on my county`s school buses. I`ve gave them a quote for 20.00 each with a total of 50 buses done monthly. Also, I`ve nailed down 3 local heating and air companies with a total of 25 vans and trucks. These will be done monthly as well. All are outside onlys.

I`m already looking at several trailers and setups for these fleets. The best thing is that they are willing to sign contract. It`s nice knowing that I have an exact amount of money to be made every month before I start out.

Great work once again bud! Good to see you in good shape. As with quite a few people here, you`ve accelerated my move into the "non boutique detailing market" and my new company (with 2 friends) is up and running with our first detail coming next week.

I`m curious... what exactly are you doing to a school bus for $20? Just a wash right?
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    Great work once again bud! Good to see you in good shape. As with quite a few people here, you`ve accelerated my move into the "non boutique detailing market" and my new company (with 2 friends) is up and running with our first detail coming next week.

I`m curious... what exactly are you doing to a school bus for $20? Just a wash right?

Thanks man. Will love to hear more about your business venture!

Yeah......just a wash for 20.00. No dressing but they will get a rinse aid/spray wax.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information