-Car Payment

-Gas

-Car Insurance

-Cell Phone

Daily expenses are...

Daily profit is...

84.48-

250.52x 6 work days= 1503.12x 4.3 weeks in a month= 6463.42x 12=77560.99

I think I can live with that. The nice thing is that these numbers are based on business only working around 5 hours per day.

Two of the variables that`s hard to knock down now are gas and chemicals.

Today I`m going to the town next to me which is larger than the one I live in. It`s 15 minutes away. I think I can get the same business there but with a 25% increase due to the industry they have there. I might be setting up another truck soon.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Labster
    Conventional washing or using ONR?

Conventional for now but I`m looking at ONR. Just thinking of time constraints.

This worse thing about my area is the conditions. I have to use a pressure washer first no matter what. We have a lot of gravel roads here.

Post Thanks / Like
    $15 for just a wash? thats a no brainer!

her in co springs $20 gets you a tunnel wash with two guys and a towel making a pass and thats it!

hell $9 gets you a self service tunnel with a blow dry but even then we all know you drive off with half the car wet.

you wanna come and wash my car for me?

Im glad you`ve been able to increase your profits and make it through these tough times major props to you for not calling it quits

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by black03mach
    $15 for just a wash? thats a no brainer!

her in co springs $20 gets you a tunnel wash with two guys and a towel making a pass and thats it!

hell $9 gets you a self service tunnel with a blow dry but even then we all know you drive off with half the car wet.

you wanna come and wash my car for me?

Im glad you`ve been able to increase your profits and make it through these tough times major props to you for not calling it quits

So you`re saying I`m not charging enough? LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats on adapting!

I know for fact money is in volume work, the catch is sometimes keeping up with the demand! Good luck with it and have you looked in to 55gal drums with chemicals to maybe lower your chemical expense?

Are you an all cash business? Do you accept credit cards? If you accept credit cards be sure to include this as an expense as well.

My dad always told me volume work is where its at for money...didn`t believe him until I experienced it myself...congrats

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats Justin. I thought i was one of the very few people in this lonely boat of down times. Economy out here in hawaii is much like what you are going through. Business has nearly fell off the planet man but you just gave me new hope. Correction is great but at the end of the day i would rather have some work then sitting around waiting for a big job to call.

Their are a few people who like correction work but then again some people who just want a clean car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin I`ll be following your new threads closely as I will more than likely be organizing a mobile detailing business with a couple friends focusing mostly on volume work and such. LUSTR will stay as is and separate but volume work is a great area to explore and I`ll be giving it a shot soon as well. Best of luck again.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad this has become inspirational to a few that are finding it hard to get customers. It`s all about adapting and hitting a price point. All of these people have had these 20.00 bills in their pocket waiting for homes. Some went to an automatic car wash and some went for a trip through Wendy`s. The thing is, that 20.00 bill will come out of their pocket daily.......I just want one of them a week.

I feel like I simply gave them a "dollar menu" to now pick from when they don`t need a #4.

I will be building business model for other if they wish to see what I`ve done.

Thanks again and lets make some money doing what we like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    I`m glad this has become inspirational to a few that are finding it hard to get customers. It`s all about adapting and hitting a price point. All of these people have had these 20.00 bills in their pocket waiting for homes. Some went to an automatic car wash and some went for a trip through Wendy`s. The thing is, that 20.00 bill will come out of their pocket daily.......I just want one of them a week.

I feel like I simply gave them a "dollar menu" to now pick from when they don`t need a #4.

Well said. I`m pretty much as busy as I`d like to be detailing wise, but the opportunity to make money and do something different with volume work is definitely something I want to try and hopefully make it a full time gig with the 2 businesses. Currently I have a Mon-Fri 8-5 at an Architecture firm.
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If there were an AUTOPIAN in my area charging $15 for a wash - I know I`d be a customer!!!

I absolutely love to clean my car - but if I could save 1-2hrs per week for $15 ... NO BRAINER!

If you ever drive through Hershey PA and need $15 - call me! I`ll even tip 20% :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me just clarify that this is a wash.....no two bucket method. I still use good practices like top first bottom last and all debris is removed since I`m pressure washing and degreasing the lower panels first. I believe it`s still safer than most non-Autpian home washes and tunnel washes.

A quick status update:

This deal is catching on exponentially.

I did 10 this morning from 8-11 and had to stop since I`ve planned a family trip this weekend. 8 of these were told about special from another customer. I am booked with 10 per day for the next week. Some are wanting it every week and some bi-weekly. This where I`m loving this plan.....they are staying clean and making my job easier for the 20.00 dollars. I`m even getting five dollar tips thrown in.

I`ve been told by a few that I should be charging 25-30.00. I will not though. Twenty dollar bills are easy to hand out. If anyone is thinking about this, please do it. You will work hard but you can also train someone to take it over for you as you build. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me just clarify that this is a wash.....no two bucket method. I still use good practices like top first bottom last and all debris is removed since I`m pressure washing and degreasing the lower panels first. I believe it`s still safer than most non-Autpian home washes and tunnel washes.

A quick status update:

This deal is catching on exponentially.

I did 10 this morning from 8-11 and had to stop since I`ve planned a family trip this weekend. 8 of these were told about special from another customer. I am booked with 10 per day for the next week. Some are wanting it every week and some bi-weekly. This where I`m loving this plan.....they are staying clean and making my job easier for the 20.00 dollars. I`m even getting five dollar tips thrown in.

I`ve been told by a few that I should be charging 25-30.00. I will not though. Twenty dollar bills are easy to hand out. If anyone is thinking about this, please do it. You will work hard but you can also train someone to take it over for you as you build. Good luck.

What are you averaging time wise per wash? Total man hours that is.
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a bad Expedition this morning by myself in 22 minutes. That`s from show up to leaving....not just washing.

Here`s my process....

Spray wheels with Wheel Brightener 4:1 mixed in a 2 gallon beam sprayer.

Then...

Spray tires, wells, lower panels, bumpers, mirrors, and windshield with degreaser mixed in a 2 gallon beam sprayer.

Pressure washer from roof to bottom removing all products applied.

Hand wash vehicle rinsing mitt out after each panel....I use a Grit Guard as well.

Pressure wash all soap off.

Spray with spray wax.

Dry and shine tires.

When you get this down and get it out of your head that it`s not YOUR car and they are getting what THEY want, you can do it in 20 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a bad Expedition this morning by myself in 22 minutes. That`s from show up to leaving....not just washing.

Here`s my process....

Spray wheels with Wheel Brightener 4:1 mixed in a 2 gallon beam sprayer.

Then...

Spray tires, wells, lower panels, bumpers, mirrors, and windshield with degreaser mixed in a 2 gallon beam sprayer.

Pressure washer from roof to bottom removing all products applied.

Hand wash vehicle rinsing mitt out after each panel....I use a Grit Guard as well.

Pressure wash all soap off.

Spray with spray wax.

Dry and shine tires.

When you get this down and get it out of your head that it`s not YOUR car and they are getting what THEY want, you can do it in 20 minutes.

Sounds like a very good wash as well. I`d let you do that to my car... maybe. haha

Great work man, expect some PMs or emails or whatever from me as I might need a little advice. :goodjob

Edit: What do you do for water recollection? Is that necessary in your area?
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    Sounds like a very good wash as well. I`d let you do that to my car... maybe. haha

Great work man, expect some PMs or emails or whatever from me as I might need a little advice. :goodjob

Edit: What do you do for water recollection? Is that necessary in your area?

I knew this was going to come up. It is not necessary here. I would comply as soon as I had to though as I would be shut down.

PM me any time or even call me. I`m very open to suggestions to try out as well. I`ll be the guinea pig for anyone`s idea!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information