Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Business has not been fun here in Boise to but I am up 51% over last year for some reason. This is my 10th year in business and thought I have seen it all but I am still learning. I took the Dave Ramsey classes now I run my business debt free and on a planed budget every month, which means more money stays in my pocket. I fine myself enjoying the business aspect of my business more, it was something I did not know about myself.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a $2750 pressure wash job last week that took all of 25 hours. The work is there, you just have to go get it.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`ve finally got some time to check in with everyone. Site looks good! Hope everyone is well.

How`s business been?

Post Thanks / Like
    Summer was a bit slow when it heated up, people thought it was too hot for us to work. Drought doesn`t help either, everyone was kind of waiting on it to rain again before they got their cars detailed. Then when it kept on not raining, they started calling again. Our Arizona trip was the best one yet, well worth the drive there and back.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell business for me was great this summer, but September/October has started to slow back down a good bit. Luckily with getting a shop on the 10th and talking with some people, business will pick up to be more than worthwhile through the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who has some major plans/changes for 2012? What new services will you be adding? What about marketing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    Who has some major plans/changes for 2012? What new services will you be adding? What about marketing?

Going nuts with the marketing. Sales were a month to month record for us every month this year since May with some months beating the previous record by almost 50%. I honestly can`t believe it. Weather here is really helping us right now so I`m hoping to keep this going through February which will pull us out of the 3 slowest months for us. I`m looking to at least match what we did last year. On tap for us is a website overhaul and more viral marketing. Hope everyone else sees similar results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    Going nuts with the marketing. Sales were a month to month record for us every month this year since May with some months beating the previous record by almost 50%. I honestly can`t believe it. Weather here is really helping us right now so I`m hoping to keep this going through February which will pull us out of the 3 slowest months for us. I`m looking to at least match what we did last year. On tap for us is a website overhaul and more viral marketing. Hope everyone else sees similar results.

Can you pinpoint why you`ve been so much more productive this year? Is it reputation?

Thanks for the post!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you pinpoint why you`ve been so much more productive this year? Is it reputation?

Thanks for the post!

I`m sure that has something to do with it - we had our 18 year anniversary this fall. I`ve made a huge effort to make sure we are positioned as #1 on google places, frequent updates to the website (which is going to get another refresh after 2 years), frequent updates to the Facebook fan page, a complete redesign of our business cards/letterhead etc, 6 different post cards to send out to customers and put on cars in parking lots and daily ads placed on kijiji. We really focus on customer service and making sure people are happy with what we did for them too. Thankfully it`s all been paying off

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    I`m sure that has something to do with it - we had our 18 year anniversary this fall. I`ve made a huge effort to make sure we are positioned as #1 on google places, frequent updates to the website (which is going to get another refresh after 2 years), frequent updates to the Facebook fan page, a complete redesign of our business cards/letterhead etc, 6 different post cards to send out to customers and put on cars in parking lots and daily ads placed on kijiji. We really focus on customer service and making sure people are happy with what we did for them too. Thankfully it`s all been paying off

You are being so damn proactive! Love to hear it and see your business growing. I appreciate you sharing your strategies with us all.

Excellence Auto Gallery
    Post Thanks / Like

We purchased a mobile hot water pressure washer with all the bells and whistles and have started a truck/trailer washing division. We will probably look at additional pressure washing services too if we have the man power.
    Abbotsford Auto Detailing in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    major plans: Express business

launch the express business under the new name

train someone throughout January on every job I do between january and February

send that person on his own starting in late february/march

push and market to volume locations, try to get into some office buildings

push more of the simpler/faster details for the everyday drivers

Major Plans: wholesaling business

market everywhere and anywhere

promote withing both envious detailing and express business

sell for volume and fast turn around, dropship, sell in bulk with group buys

use money from this for retirement account

Major Plans: Envious detailing

get in with a few more tuner shops

market the charity deal like crazy

attend more cars and coffee type events and promote

bring more cars home for multi-day reconditioning jobs

possibly set up a shop location, join up with another business to cross promote

offer only one step jobs or full corrections

get back into doing more writeups! Last year, I seriously slacked and just didnt have the time for them like in previous years!

Basically, its going to be a HUGE undertaking for me in 2012 with the start up of two more business ventures, while still performing higher end work under envious detailing, AND trying to buy a house in the next few months so I can be ready for summer with a pool!

Post Thanks / Like
    best of luck mate, sounds like you`ll have your hands full\
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    major plans: Express business

launch the express business under the new name

train someone throughout January on every job I do between january and February

send that person on his own starting in late february/march

push and market to volume locations, try to get into some office buildings

push more of the simpler/faster details for the everyday drivers

Major Plans: wholesaling business

market everywhere and anywhere

promote withing both envious detailing and express business

sell for volume and fast turn around, dropship, sell in bulk with group buys

use money from this for retirement account

Major Plans: Envious detailing

get in with a few more tuner shops

market the charity deal like crazy

attend more cars and coffee type events and promote

bring more cars home for multi-day reconditioning jobs

possibly set up a shop location, join up with another business to cross promote

offer only one step jobs or full corrections

get back into doing more writeups! Last year, I seriously slacked and just didnt have the time for them like in previous years!

Basically, its going to be a HUGE undertaking for me in 2012 with the start up of two more business ventures, while still performing higher end work under envious detailing, AND trying to buy a house in the next few months so I can be ready for summer with a pool!

Excellent plans! Nice to see you`re taking on the volume work. It as almost doubled my income from two years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I cant see myself doing the volume work, but I wont mind hiring someone to handle it for me. I would rather work on 10 cars a month for 2-3 days each compared to touching 100 cars a month for the same money. Its just more gratifying for me. BUT, I do know and realize there is a much larger market for volume type detailing, so I want a piece of that pie too!!!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information