Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    @vtec92civic: I`m at work now, but the first chance I get will post one up here. I would hand them out to customers after finishing their car and drop some off to different businesses. I left a few at this sub shop, because the owner said he likes to keep his daily driver looking right. Long story short, he took a flyer over to this car wash that he visits frequently and they copied it from top to bottom. At first I was pissed, but they have their target group and I have mine.

I leave flyers with my barber, at Auto Zone, and I had some posted at one of those diy wash bays. I thought the owner would not go for it, but once I explained what I was doing he was fine with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DT08
    @vtec92civic: I`m at work now, but the first chance I get will post one up here. I would hand them out to customers after finishing their car and drop some off to different businesses. I left a few at this sub shop, because the owner said he likes to keep his daily driver looking right. Long story short, he took a flyer over to this car wash that he visits frequently and they copied it from top to bottom. At first I was pissed, but they have their target group and I have mine.

I leave flyers with my barber, at Auto Zone, and I had some posted at one of those diy wash bays. I thought the owner would not go for it, but once I explained what I was doing he was fine with it.

nice man very nice. look forward to checking it out.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m having Vistaprint make me a double sided color flier. One side for detailing and the other for home maintenance. I will then put them into page protectors....Sam`s has a really nice price on them. I`ll take some string and turn the protectors into door hangers. I think this will look better than premade door hangers.

I`m gonna hit several subdivisions this weekend. I`ll keep you all informed on the responses.

Post Thanks / Like
    cool Justin. Never did the door hanging thing. Not sure that would go over so well over here.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m actually trying to put together a little short and to the point letter to e-mail over to a few places. Just trying to fine tune it and get everything right. Don`t want a really long message as some people just don`t have time for all that.

I just want a simple paragraph that will try to push the the bulk thing a little bit.

What do you folks think . . . . . good idea or bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say I get more business by just putting a business card that has a quote and a comments section.

I mean if you door hang your gonna get everyone that has a whatever car there can possibility out there. If your just go through your local shopping parkinglots you can pin point cars/people better

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WMD-DFW
    I would say I get more business by just putting a business card that has a quote and a comments section.

I mean if you door hang your gonna get everyone that has a whatever car there can possibility out there. If your just go through your local shopping parkinglots you can pin point cars/people better

I`m leaning to doing more homes though and then getting their vehicles. I know it sounds bassackwards but I did two homes today at 450.00 a piece and still beat both previous quotes by a hundred. I have never made 900.00 (750.00 net) in 7 hours detailing. The thing is, the houses are not as frequent. I still have to, and want to, maintain vehicles.

By the way, I would only leave it on the knob if the potential clients were not home. I have no problem knocking on a door and talking to a stranger......I sold cars for 8 years!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy
    I`m leaning to doing more homes though and then getting their vehicles. I know it sounds bassackwards but I did two homes today at 450.00 a piece and still beat both previous quotes by a hundred. I have never made 900.00 (750.00 net) in 7 hours detailing. The thing is, the houses are not as frequent. I still have to, and want to, maintain vehicles.

By the way, I would only leave it on the knob if the potential clients were not home. I have no problem knocking on a door and talking to a stranger......I sold cars for 8 years!

sweet . . . . . i`ll keep my eye on using that method but some people out here don`t want to be bothered and can be a pain in the butt LoL.

I would rather steer clear of bothering someone at their home if it can be prevented.

It is what it is though . . . . . . got to hustle pretty much.

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW $900 for a days work with a $750 net is pretty damn good. That`s over $100 bux a hr if you think about it.

What other areas are near by you? When i looked online it showed your town only had a population of like 550 people . . . . . is that true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    BTW $900 for a days work with a $750 net is pretty damn good. That`s over $100 bux a hr if you think about it.

What other areas are near by you? When i looked online it showed your town only had a population of like 550 people . . . . . is that true?
    Yep. Very true. I look at my county like a huge city. I don`t even think about the small towns anymore.

I can drive 3 miles and see 2, 50k doublewides and then I`ll see 3, 500k log homes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Murphy

Yea where I live knocking on doors is a no go, because it just takes one person to call the cops and the cops come arrest you

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea where I live knocking on doors is a no go, because it just takes one person to call the cops and the cops come arrest you

yikes. that sucks but i guess legally that`s trespassing. some places and people are more lenient then others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    yikes. that sucks but i guess legally that`s trespassing. some places and people are more lenient then others.

Well that and my city requires a permit to even go door hanging, and a background check and $50. Which only last you two weeks tell you have to spend another $50 and get another bs background check

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. We live in totally different areas!

This is how I built my detailing business. I`ve never had any one get mad......just a no or a yes. I know legally it`s trespassing but so is passing on the right.

I guess don`t do this unless you know the consequences. I will still though. It has given me great results.

Post Thanks / Like
    if it works justin do it!!! ..i get alot of my business from word of mouth.. which is good because advertising near me is exspensive..

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information