Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah. Just for the record. I`m a Zaino enthusiest 1st and foremost. I use Zaino, Menzerna, Meguiars, Optimum, Stoners, 303, Plexus,1Z gummi, Leatherique, LTT, and Leather Masters.

Just giving Meguiars their fair shake for having an exceptional complete product line.
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paco
    Oh yeah. Just for the record. I`m a Zaino enthusiest 1st and foremost. I use Zaino, Menzerna, Meguiars, Optimum, Stoners, 303, Plexus,1Z gummi, Leatherique, LTT, and Leather Masters.

Just giving Meguiars their fair shake for having an exceptional complete product line.

Its a complete product line, and a good one, but your orginial statement was:

"So where exactly is Meguiars having an issue with not being the "MASTER" of a certain category."

And I can tell you with great certainty that you can pick any Meguiars product and find a better equivalent. Sure it might cost more or be harder to find, but you said nothing about being the master of value.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3

I don`t know that I`ve ever been so excited to try a product.

I`ve heard people making pretty big claims about this stuff.

I hope it lives up to the hype.
    Donald Fazekas

Concours Detailing

Montgomery, Alabama

Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    .. I can tell you with great certainty that you can pick any Meguiars product and find a better equivalent..

This thread is a bit, uhm...contentious for my taste and I sure don`t want anybody thinking that I`m contributing to that....that said, what product do you consider superior to M105 (esp. the old v1.0 if that matters)?

I`m no fanboy for Meguiar`s stuff in general and only use a few of their offerings, but M105 has qualities I haven`t found in any other product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    This thread is a bit, uhm...contentious for my taste and I sure don`t want anybody thinking that I`m contributing to that....that said, what product do you consider superior to M105 (esp. the old v1.0 if that matters)?

I`m no fanboy for Meguiar`s stuff in general and only use a few of their offerings, but M105 has qualities I haven`t found in any other product.

There is only one thing I like about 105, the amount of cut, I hate everything else about it. It is so messy and has such a narrow operational margin, that for me, a hobbyist, is too frustrating. I am really digging HD Uno, though I only have limited use of it, so I`m hesitant to say its much better. It has plenty of bite, even on Audi clear. I can`t honestly say which has more, but its so much less messy. Less dust, no sling, much longer working time, easier to wipe off. I personally don`t care how well M105 finishes, anyone here is going to chase it with a polish, so the fact that it finishes pretty well, is a moot point for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about how well UNO finishes? Even with wool?

There is only one thing I like about 105, the amount of cut, I hate everything else about it. It is so messy and has such a narrow operational margin, that for me, a hobbyist, is too frustrating. I am really digging HD Uno, though I only have limited use of it, so I`m hesitant to say its much better. It has plenty of bite, even on Audi clear. I can`t honestly say which has more, but its so much less messy. Less dust, no sling, much longer working time, easier to wipe off. I personally don`t care how well M105 finishes, anyone here is going to chase it with a polish, so the fact that it finishes pretty well, is a moot point for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    How about how well UNO finishes? Even with wool?

I haven`t tried wool, but I have used it with a Megs Maroon cutting pad. It finishes out very well, slight haziness, but that is to be expected.

Post Thanks / Like
    yakky- Thanks for the response. Yeah, I use M105 for the cut, but I also like the very short work time (guess I`m in the minority there). I especially like the old v1.0 stuff for use on the Audis and GMs.

But yeah, I agree that it sure needs a follow-up, and that it can be a PIA if something goes haywire.

Post Thanks / Like
    I too like the 105 both version for short time, esp when wokring with DA, you get alot of compounding work done with less "cleanup"

Post Thanks / Like

This was at SEMA.

cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    May have been at SEMA but it isn`t at the distributors yet. Just went by Wash Solutions (DFW`s Meguiars distributor) and they have no idea when any of the new products will show up.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    May have been at SEMA but it isn`t at the distributors yet. Just went by Wash Solutions (DFW`s Meguiars distributor) and they have no idea when any of the new products will show up.

most likely mid jan-feb (hopefully sooner)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

I gotta say, one thing I like about Apple, when they announce it, you can order it. Seems like there is a lot of lost sales due to people losing interest or forgetting about the new products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say, one thing I like about Apple, when they announce it, you can order it. Seems like there is a lot of lost sales due to people losing interest or forgetting about the new products.

Yeah but it still took me almost a month to get my iPhone 4 after I ordered it!

Post Thanks / Like

If they roll it out at SEMA, it should be available right then or once SEMA wraps up.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information