Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Somethings just shouldn`t be discussed!

I`m not trying to get anyone to divulge any top secret information or anything.

Just curious as to whether or not the rumors hold any water....thats all.

I love Megs. products and I`m rather excited to see what they have in store

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dfazekas
    I`m not trying to get anyone to divulge any top secret information or anything.

Just curious as to whether or not the rumors hold any water....thats all.

I love Megs. products and I`m rather excited to see what they have in store

Yes the rumors are true. The game will change.... shortly....

What it is is a ....NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT IN EFFECT... and it`s awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dfazekas
    So I was talking to my local Meguiars distributor today and he was telling about some revolutionary new products they`ve been working on.

He said they have something in the works that will completely eliminate the need for rotary polishers.

Whatever they`re working on is supposed to be able to blow the surbuff pad/105/KBM combo out of the water.

It sounds quite interesting. Unfortunately, he didn`t know a whole lot about it. He did say that it could be released within the next year, but didn`t know for sure.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

I`m not 100% sure I would agree with this. In all fairness the need for rotary polishers has already been eliminated. I can remove 1500 grit sanding scratches from cured paint with a DA and the right combination of pad, buffing liquid, and technique. It doesn`t mean the DA is the best choice in every situation, and I still like to use a rotary, but modern abrasive technology has already changed the game.

At the end of the day enthusiasts will be able to achieve professional results in less time, and open minded professionals will hopefully be as good as the enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3a
    When I can get a compound to correct like M105 and leave such a nice finish...plus pass a 5x straight IPA wipedown. I`d call that the best. No other compound that I have ever used meets all of those requirements.

not to mention, you can find megs locally and is reasonably priced...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter

Why would I care where you order it from?

Wasn`t directing it to you but now that you mention it why would anyone care that AG makes you sick...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001

I`m not 100% sure I would agree with this. In all fairness the need for rotary polishers has already been eliminated. I can remove 1500 grit sanding scratches from cured paint with a DA and the right combination of pad, buffing liquid, and technique. It doesn`t mean the DA is the best choice in every situation, and I still like to use a rotary, but modern abrasive technology has already changed the game.

At the end of the day enthusiasts will be able to achieve professional results in less time, and open minded professionals will hopefully be as good as the enthusiast

thats a scary thing, but true

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not 100% sure I would agree with this. In all fairness the need for rotary polishers has already been eliminated.

:nixweiss I still can`t get stuff out of Audi paint very well with a DA, rotary is a lot faster. To be quite honest, I like using it too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I think our cars might be in rougher condition generally than what you guys are getting across the workshop floor. There`s no way we could put our rotary`s aside. Our DA`s are still very much for finishing.

I`m keen to know more about this product. I`d be only too happy to be the guinnea pig for the NZ market if anyone in Meguiar`s Land is listening

Post Thanks / Like
    so its going to be a compound like 105, but finish down like 205? whats it called? 310? hahaha

I cant stand teasers like this..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    so its going to be a compound like 105, but finish down like 205? whats it called? 310?
    HD Uno.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutter
    there is a thread {at MOL} called "Dodge Superbee" Part 2 where Mike Stoops confirms it.

If there is, the search over there can`t find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen the future of "paint technology" and it`s not "paint" really at all.

Think about going into your car dealer and looking at "blank" cars with no finished paint job. You then pick out your color from a selection. 2 or 3 days later you come back to pick up your car with its applied painted film.

Get keyed or have a fender bender? No problem bring by our shop and we will remove your damaged film and fix your key mark or get a new fender and new film.

No more body shops. In a year or so if you get tired of your chosen color come by and have it changed.

Yet the need for advanced polishes will continue because there will still be so many single and 2 stage painted cars out there it will keep detailers busy for years to come.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    I`ve seen the future of "paint technology" and it`s not "paint" really at all.

Think about going into your car dealer and looking at "blank" cars with no finished paint job. You then pick out your color from a selection. 2 or 3 days later you come back to pick up your car with its applied painted film.

Get keyed or have a fender bender? No problem bring by our shop and we will remove your damaged film and fix your key mark or get a new fender and new film.

No more body shops. In a year or so if you get tired of your chosen color come by and have it changed.

Yet the need for advanced polishes will continue because there will still be so many single and 2 stage painted cars out there it will keep detailers busy for years to come.

Anthony

Sounds quite different and interesting, but I can assure you it`s not going to happen anytime in the next several decades. There will alway be body shops unless these are throw away vehicles.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah I highly doubt that will be the case. Seems a little far fetched.

I know premier is doing full wraps with different color film, but I cant see the world switching over to it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    thats a scary thing, but true

There are very few things that technology hasn`t caught up to allow the consumer to do it themselves. Lowes, Menards, Home Depot make their money on "do it yourself" consumers. There`s not one thing I can`t go into a store and buy to complete the project myself.

The market place is full of busy, lazy or not interested consumers that are willing to pay someone to perform that service for them.

But in the same sentence I have always had the understanding that what I do for a profession is not rocket science and if I can learn to use a buffer, believe me, so can you. An overinflated sense of ones self worth with always be ones demise.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information