Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a very thorough detail that is coming up on a 2004 360 Challenge Stradale. The owner and I think it will be best to get the car up on jacks and take the wheels off so we can thoroughly clean and protect the suspension components, the wheel wells, and to clean, polish and seal the wheels.

The owner didn`t really know the best way to go about it so I figured I`d ask you guys. Having said this, are there any of you who don`t own a lift and regularly jack your customers (very low) cars up that could explain the easiest way to do this? I`m thinking we will drive the car up on 2X10`s, from there place a low profile jack underneath the jacking points to lift it up, but here is my main concern: Do they make low profile jack stands? The kind I have are fine clearance wise for my cars, but to torque the frame on this 360 that much seems excessive to me.

What do you guys do?

Thanks in advance,

Shaun

Post Thanks / Like
    get two 2x4`s and cut the ends at 45degree angles...stack them so they are apart 18" or so

Post Thanks / Like
    Your jack-stands should work once you have it lifted a bit in the air. No doubt the car does have a frame and can support it`s weight on the designated locations. Worst case scenario - if you jack it up and you run into an issue: no worries. Head over to a local Sears and get some stands that will do that job. If you plan on taking the wheels off and going full out - it`ll only be a minor delay in comparison to the work you plan on doing to the beauty anyways. G/L and let me know how this baby turns out!

Good meeting you last weekend as well
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    2x4`s are ur friend.

depending on how low the car is some of those oil changing rhino ramps are faster than stacking 2x4s and also looks more professional.

all i gotta say is, watch out for the sideskirts and buy some quality jackstands.

i wouldnt trust some checkers oreilly on sale 19.99 jackstands with a 360CS.

maybe if it was just a regular 360 j/k

Post Thanks / Like
    The "Air Jack" is a detailer`s second best friend(polisher is your best friend). I use it with the compressor adapter they offer. After the car is up, insert your jack stands and perhaps cover the jacks where they touch the frame with a thick towel or sheet of rubber to protect the frame. Double check the owner`s manual of the car, for the jackstand points!!!

If the link below isn`t allowed, do a internet search for "air jack"

Easylift Airjack - Home

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright we`ll see, I may just cave in and call in a favor from someone who owns a shop nearby to alleviate any worries the owner has. Big thanks to everyone who chimed in and congrats Marc on 1,000 posts! It was great meeting you as well. Let`s team up and take on Lingenfelter; I get dibs on the first room!

Post Thanks / Like
    the drive up on 2X4 method works ok but it takes time to position the stuff sou you get it exatly where you want. If you got a smooth concrete floor it slips sometimes and thats a pain cause you gotta get out and reposition the ramps.

A simple no cost way is to use the factory scissor jack to lift the car enough to get the floor jack under then you can raise and place jack stands. I usually do this method as it takes me less time then the ramp method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weird stuff... I tried to reply to this post yesterday, and it`s still not "approved"?

Do a internet search for "titan air jack". Northern tools carries them. 2 ton and 3 ton models. Buy the compressor adapter with it. I love mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    ehhhh I caved in and called in a favor to borrow a bay with a lift. My back will definitely be thanking me for making this decision. This should be fun! I`ll be starting this Thursday so look for the write up. Thanks again everybody.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I am doing my yearly after winter spring cleaning, I get my car (325Cic) on stands, take the wheels off and clean the fender wells and underbody.

I first lift the front using a 2-ton low profile jack (it goes from 2-7/8" to 20 1/16"), put the car on stands, then lift the back.

It works like a charm.

Thread Information