Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zymol Vintage

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m curious to how you all are applying this wax to those who have handled it. Are there any tricks to it? Can you tell me as much information as possible. Are there cure times? By hand? things in this nature.. Thank you

Barry

Post Thanks / Like
    You buying Vintage Barry?

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange to be giving advise to an ace like you! I`m very impressed with your work. I`m an enthusiast, not a pro but i`ve used zymol for many years. First carbon, concours, destiny, and now vintage. Same prep, clay, polish, followed by hd cleanse . vintage applied with the hands, rubbing it in to your palms. small areas. leave on for only a few minutes. amazing thing about the wax is it gets better with time. I do another coat the next day. I usually wait two weeks to put on another coat. It really does look better as time passes. It also is very easy to maintain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice
    You buying Vintage Barry?

:hifive:

Quote Originally Posted by RSWIM21
    Strange to be giving advise to an ace like you! I`m very impressed with your work. I`m an enthusiast, not a pro but i`ve used zymol for many years. First carbon, concours, destiny, and now vintage. Same prep, clay, polish, followed by hd cleanse . vintage applied with the hands, rubbing it in to your palms. small areas. leave on for only a few minutes. amazing thing about the wax is it gets better with time. I do another coat the next day. I usually wait two weeks to put on another coat. It really does look better as time passes. It also is very easy to maintain.

I understand the whole hand thing. When you lay it down how much coverage do you get? like persay. If you put it down on a hood of a average size car. before going back to the tub how much will one hand full????? I guess you could say lol cover? Thanks for the kind words

Post Thanks / Like
    With your rough hands you`re screwed!! After spending all that time correcting that soft dego paint, you`re gonna grind finger marks in!!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    David I have been to the doctors lol I got some hand cream and all!! They got softer just within the last 5 hours!!! lol soon I`ll have some pretty hands!

Post Thanks / Like
    hard to judge but you really don`t need alot. a little goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    David I have been to the doctors lol I got some hand cream and all!! They got softer just within the last 5 hours!!! lol soon I`ll have some pretty hands!

And some pretty cars.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rsw Thanks for the advice. Although I do have years experiance detailing and some would say I`m pretty good thats the nice things about these forums yo can always learn something new. I have never layed down Van-Tahj and you have. I will learn from your experiance. Thank you again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    And some pretty cars.

You know to much!!!!:2thumbs:

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like any LSP the thinner you can apply the better. I also recommend wiping down the car with chilled, distilled H2O after removing the wax. This helps prevent "sweating" which is an effect you can get with some of these high end waxes. Basically it looks like holograms but its just the oils from the wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your hands will become pretty soft after handling this for a few days. It is actually important to warm it up with your hands, I find it just a little bit gritty straight out of the jar. It`s a fairly easy to use wax, as I usually apply on half the car then buff out, and do the same on the other side. As MikeyC mentioned, it does sweat a lot, especially after multiple coats, wiping down with water works well, or you can use their field glaze with a new or perfectly clean microfiber towel. I detailed a car that won best of show here at a local concours d` elegance, and it was wearing Vintage.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK thank you all. I should be laying it soon or a few cars and was just trying to get an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    You know to much!!!!:2thumbs:

I know I know!!!! LOL... you`re one lucky *******.... Good luck you deserve it.
    -Jake Bright Dynamics Auto Spa.

Post Thanks / Like
    barry if you need a few more tips an info. i got vintage an royale i have been using for a few years now be glad to give you a call bs a little. just don`t want to type ll the stuff lol pm me thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information