Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    About 25 years ago I had a piece of paint I was compounding on the surface of my right eye. The clincher is I had safety glasses in place but it went in from the side. I had to have surgery to remove the paint chip in my good eye. Now I would NEVER pick up a wheel without full safety goggles in place. Like I said I always use a full respirator to cover my mouth and nose. The guys around the shop call me the surgeon.... Bunch of asses if you ask me. I give a dam about my health, what can I say.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this clarifies how serious I take safety. I may never find out what chemical flares up my skin. I have been doing this since 1969...OK I dont consider myself an antique...at least not yet. My doctor said I should STOP anything to do with cars and their nasty chemicals ....I told him this is the way Im going down...bury me in one of my muscle cars. Thats the way it is. THINK SAFETY ALWAYS. Its as important as anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Post Thanks / Like
    .... OK there paintxpert.... don`t want to get you all riled up, lol
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`donavin629`]I disagree I think noise on a job site is disturbing to a customer.. especially if your in a suburban neighborhood]

I disagree with you sir. My main business is carpet cleaning and 95% of my work is in suburban neighborhoods. I have a huge truckmounted machine and it is very loud. I have never had any complaints about the noise level.

I also use the same machine for mobile detailing. Although i wish my van wasn`t so cramped up by all the carpet cleaning equipment.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, this is all in the name of fun....now and always....I call this forum the great debate. Its like chocolate and vanilla. PS I like them both. I really like everyones opinion....BUT opinions like they say are like ***------ everybody has one. Its always great to hear how surprised people are when I tell them what has worked for me for 38 LONG years. I dont take any of this on a personal level. I never got riled either but Thanks for the concern....that was genuine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paintxpert
    No, this is all in the name of fun....now and always....I call this forum the great debate. Its like chocolate and vanilla. PS I like them both. I really like everyones opinion....BUT opinions like they say are like ***------ everybody has one. Its always great to hear how surprised people are when I tell them what has worked for me for 38 LONG years. I dont take any of this on a personal level. I never got riled either but Thanks for the concern....that was genuine!
    Alrighty then, just didn`t want you getting riled up is all :xyxthumbs Good to have some long time industry folks here, you guys would know best what lasts in the long run.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyVo
    [quote name=`donavin629`]I disagree I think noise on a job site is disturbing to a customer.. especially if your in a suburban neighborhood]

I disagree with you sir. My main business is carpet cleaning and 95% of my work is in suburban neighborhoods. I have a huge truckmounted machine and it is very loud. I have never had any complaints about the noise level.

I also use the same machine for mobile detailing. Although i wish my van wasn`t so cramped up by all the carpet cleaning equipment.

Yea, but just think how much more pleasant your service would be if the machine was much quieter. When it comes down to it, things like that are noise pollution, and it is a pain for everybody. Most people just do not bother to complain; they just accept it as the norm. Having quiet equipment makes any service much more pleasant, adding to the customer`s satisfaction.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    NOPE ...I take nothing personal...If what I post can help ONE individual...I have done my job. As for noise people hate the sound of polishing as a rule. The guy next to me wears his head phones to show he is getting upset with the noise I produce. Lets tell him together...We dont really give a ----. If there is no noise there is no work being done. During a complete exterior rejuvenation I could be high speed polishing for 2.5 hours in one clip. I cant be feeling sorry for a---holes....I have a job to do. My Moskita and the Hitachi SCREAM at 2500 RPMs. This is a speed you should know what your doing before engaging.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not in this forum for me. While I am still learning 38 years later...I am indeed on the down side. If a customer says he can SAVE money going somewhere else. I show him the door. I love all my customers but all is fair in business and the fact is you cant detail every car. Paintxpert....just look at the folks who have a problem with my handle....I SAY its their tough S----.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the posts guys, my pressure washer is rather quiet, but my generator is rather loud! I have had no complaints yet, but I`m always looking to simplify things for myself and others... thanks again

Rafal

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont have a generator...I use the customers juice. I am entertaining a very quiet Honda generator for use on the road. I almost NEVER worry about noise. Perhaps I should.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information