Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    When you spend $400K, you`d expect to get more than what my poor customer did.

He just took delivery of his 2010 Ferrari 599 HGTE. It was flown over from Italy less than two weeks ago, made a brief stop at the local dealership (they had strict orders not to touch it...and they actually followed those orders), and then it was immediately brought to me for a new car prep.

I`ve worked on enough new Ferraris to realize that there`s going to be some polishing, but was not expecting what I found!

It has very severe holograms, repainted areas, poorly blended touch-up or "spot" painting, overspray all over the hood and left side of the car, d/a sanding pigtails, deep scratches, and a few burnt edges to boot! What was originally planned for a day long session will now spread out over the week.

Take a look at what I`ve got going on here, and remember, this is BRAND NEW and untouched by the dealership.

Swirls, scratches, holograms, and I don`t even know what that is in the middle!

Light reflection isn`t supposed to do that...

This is just a small section, but the entire hood is absolutely ridiculous. Crazy holograms!

Heavy overspray on top, scratches and sanding marks on bottom.

A brand new 599 HGTE, $400K. D/A sanding on said car...priceless!

sans wheels:

The cost of these brakes are worth more than my entire car. Carbon Brembos.

Fun, fun, fun!

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...that`s just ridiculous!! I look forward to the afters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure it is unrelated, but I can see why Michael Schumacher would leave Ferrari. QC of this caliper is unacceptable.

Hey, at least we all know that the car is in good hands now and will look the way it should have from the factory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Curious how this seems to happen a lot. Looking at Apollo`s work too...this is not

even something one sees on a new Honda. Obviously, the manufacturers "detailing"

department, and the paint department, is hacking it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, If I had bought that car I would have sent it back. That is just terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen a fair amount of industrial equipment that comes from Italy. In general, this stuff doesn`t surprise me. Italian quality just isn`t the same as what you`d expect from USA or Germany.

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like
    The worst part is that panels had been repainted and touched up. From what I`ve seen and read about Ferrari, it`s supposed to be almost perfect. Why would a 2010 need to be repainted? Hmm....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ferrari = Failrari.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had a chance to look at a few Ferraris up close and the paintwork is on par to that of an AVERAGE body shop, its really a shame. They say they are "hand painted", whatever that means.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    I`ve had a chance to look at a few Ferraris up close and the paintwork is on par to that of an AVERAGE body shop, its really a shame. They say they are "hand painted", whatever that means.

I`d have to say their paint quality is way BETTER than 99.9% of body shops actually. It`s the guido`s @ the factory with orders to make everything flat where their skill set is unjustifiable. Also, these cars aren`t painted by hand:

YouTube - Ferrari Fiorano 599 GTB National Geographic EspaƱol parte 3 de 5

Great save Todd! I`m sure you`ll give this one the attention it deserves.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure that a lot of the damage occurred once it left the factory. Who really knows what the "flight" over from Italy was really like.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a shame. My guess is they burned through the right corner on the bumper, touched it up and back taped it with a material that wasn`t solvent proof. That big circle pattern looks like the pattern from the UV drying/curing device that`s placed over the touched up clear coat (Spies HeckerYouTube - Speed repair for minor damages - UV technology - Spies Hecker). Also, what DA are you using in that picture? Looks nifty for getting in tight places and reduced pigtails from trash.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like a 3" matco(same as chicago pnuematic) d/a i use the same on in the body shop all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have detailed many new Ferrari`s for new car detail, but this one is about as bad as I`ve seen. The pigtails, and swirl marks all over are pretty normal, but overspray, and touch up, that sounds like aftermarket paintwork. The paint was super dry on the edge of the fender, that`s not factory.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    see now if he opted for the 450,000 he would have not had them swirls an holo`s lol goes to show you how there service is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information