Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ABQDetailer
    This is what I`m putting in my new garage:

FREE SHIPPING — Ingersoll Rand Electric Stationary Air Compressor — 3 HP, 10.3 CFM @ 135 PSI, 230 Volt, Model# SS3L3 | 10 - 30 CFM | Northern Tool + Equipment

10CFM @ 135psi. Sounds good to me.

I agree compressors are great for blowing out cracks and stuff but not for drying off big panels of the car. I`d do a leaf blower for that for sure.

I got the same one but with the 80gal tank! Great air compressors! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    I use our air compressor daily to dry nooks an crannies of a car, but I could not imagine not having one for cleaning interiors. It`s a must have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the OP has two separate needs:

1. An air compressor with blow gun to "blow out" tight spots (map pockets, between seats, vents, etc.)

2. A way to dry interiors after shampooing them.

The first can be accomplished with any 110v air compressor. Spend $225 at Sears and you`ll get a great compressor for personal or small shop use.

For the second, just leave one window down 1", all other windows closed, and the heater on full blast (pointed at floor and vents) for 30+ minutes or until dry.

Just use the car`s heater! If you get browning, it`s because you had excessive chemicals in the carpets. Rinse the carpets again, then dry again with the car`s heater.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks you all guys for the support!!

As Accumulator said I do need something in 240v but dont mind to get something in 120v as long as it will support 50hz as well as 60hz.

Does someone know if the Craftsman 16gal wet/dry vac with the blower is 50hz as well? and what 331 Watt rating means?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    I use our air compressor daily to dry nooks an crannies of a car, but I could not imagine not having one for cleaning interiors. It`s a must have.

What do you guys (Jakerooni and JohnKleven) use your compressors for when doing interiors? Blowing dust our of vents? Blowing crud our of cupholders? What else.

I just recently bought a small air compressor and really haven`t been using it much for my interior. I must not be thinking of jobs to use it for because I have seen others talking about using their air compressors when doing interiors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    ..do you guys .. use your compressors for ..Blowing dust our of vents?

Not me, and I don`t use the steamer for that either. That [sctuff] isn`t magically dematerializing when blown down into the ductwork. I know, I know, everybody else does it and thinks it works great :nixweiss

Overall, I`m pretty careful about blowing stuff around in the interior, don`t want it settling elsewhere where it might be even harder to clean up.

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys (Jakerooni and JohnKleven) use your compressors for when doing interiors? Blowing dust our of vents? Blowing crud our of cupholders? What else.

I just recently bought a small air compressor and really haven`t been using it much for my interior. I must not be thinking of jobs to use it for because I have seen others talking about using their air compressors when doing interiors.

Tons of things!

Blowing debris out from under the seats, between seats and center console, seat racks, cup holders, ash trays, glove box, center console, seats, back window, trunk....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    I got the same one but with the 80gal tank! Great air compressors! :2thumbs:

Love your garage!!!

Are those T12s?
    Abralon Surfaced-Makita Powered-Club Flex Finished

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 602rwtq
    For the second, just leave one window down 1", all other windows closed, and the heater on full blast (pointed at floor and vents) for 30+ minutes or until dry.

Just use the car`s heater! If you get browning, it`s because you had excessive chemicals in the carpets. Rinse the carpets again, then dry again with the car`s heater.
    Ummmmmmm, you run the customer`s car for 30+ min ? Idling ? There`s a couple issues with this...

- Many municipalities have anti-idle bylaws. Even if yours does, what are the chances of getting caught ? Probably miniscule, but none the less, it would be illegal.

- What happens when the customer notices that their fuel level is lower (depending how cold it is outside, or how "untuned" their engine is, it could be a significant amount of gas spent) when they pick up their vehicle ?

- What happens to the excess carbon you build up as a result of letting it idle for 30+ min ?

- Some folks, like me, are very particular with time / usage sensitive maintenance, such as oil changes. Idling the vehicle 30+ min expends oil life, so how do you communicate to the customer that they now need an oil change in 1500 miles instead of 1700 miles ?

- Many people are environmentally conscious these days, how do you explain to them the amount of CO2 gases you just released to dry their interior ?

Sorry if I come off sounding like an ***, but I would be supremely mad if a detail shop idled my car for 30+ min just to dry the interior. As a professional in the industry, I would do this only as a VERY last resort, and I would make sure to let the customer know that it was done and why, and I would also discount the final invoice to account for fuel spent.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven

I really don`t know how someone could "detail" an interior w/o one. Like your house, your interior collects dust. Wiping, scrubbing and Q-tipping is great, but totally has it`s limitations. I think using an air compressor turns a clean car into a detailed one. I literally use compressed air for atleast 15-20 minutes during an interior detail.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I really don`t know how someone could "detail" an interior w/o one. Like your house, your interior collects dust. Wiping, scrubbing and Q-tipping is great, but totally has it`s limitations. I think using an air compressor turns a clean car into a detailed one. I literally use compressed air for atleast 15-20 minutes during an interior detail.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    Tons of things!

Blowing debris out from under the seats, between seats and center console, seat racks, cup holders, ash trays, glove box, center console, seats, back window, trunk....

I figured your vacuums would accomplish many of these tasks.

Post Thanks / Like
    2 totally different operations all together. You can`t suck or brush out the dirty build up in the body lines(cracks) of a center console or the tight seams in leather seats. Air purges out all the tiny cracks you can`t reach manually or with a vac. Headliners that can`t be brushed or wiped. Wetness that`s trapped within the arm rest of a door panel.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I figured your vacuums would accomplish many of these tasks.

Only to an extent. Here`s a test. Take a section (say driver`s front compartment) and vacuum the dickens out of it until you think it`s as clean as it`s going to get. Then take the air compressor and blow out the carpet... vacuums only get so much. they are good for getting stuff off the surface. You want a real clean you need to extract and then blow out. I also take a foaming cleaner and foam up the seat tracks then blow them off into a waiting towel. What would take minutes with a standard wipe procedure now just took you a matter of 2 seconds to accomplish and you usually get better results (the air can physically reach more crud than your fingers can) Same with blowing out all the crevices. As long as you blow them into a waiting terry cloth towel they aren`t "going all over the place" it`s extreamly quick and extreamly effective.
    -Jake Bright Dynamics Auto Spa.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what do you think guys on that compressor? is it good enough or too much for my tasks?

Also, about the vacuum, does someone already own a craftsman and can tell me the Hz and watts it requires? and how about that electric blower that comes with it?

Sorry guys for all the question but I really need to decide on the equipments and send them with all other bunch of stuff I purchased asap.

Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliran
    Also, about the vacuum, does someone already own a craftsman and can tell me the Hz and watts it requires? and how about that electric blower that comes with it?

I am not sure what the Hz and watts requirements are but if you find the model number and do a Google search, you should be able to find it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information