Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing to keep in mind about the aztec is that it holds less water, which means you may have to refill it up a couple times during a detail. My 3 gallon tank for clean water and 3 gallons for the dirty stuff seems to be just about enough for those nasty jobs on an suv or bigger sedan. That`s I why I ended up going with a mytee. It does have a good price though! if your jobs are too bad then just go with the aztec.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give some thought to obtaining your carpet cleaning needs from a local distributor of truck mounted extractors. They`ll offer commercial grade goods, free advice, and formal classes on stain removal, odor control and much more.

Look for distributors of Bridgepoint Systems, or Pro`s Choice.

If they carry those brands, odds they`ll offer serious equipment options.

We REALLY like this extractor. We have two 500 psi units.

"If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I love my VX5000 steamer from steamer direct Steam Cleaner - Steam Cleaners - Vapor Cleaner - Commercial Steam Cleaners . This steamer is the BEST bang for the $$$ trust me I`ve looked for over a year. I now only need to use my extractor for the super dirty carpets. Leather cleaning is a breeze. Hard surfaces are snappy fast, vents are easy, cup holders, all the nooks and crannies. I did a write up on how to protect your steamer hose a super cheap fix.

My extractor is a mytee lite II, and works great.

The steamer and extractor are hands down my most used equipment for interiors. A close third is my air compressor.

What does that extractor cost JIMMY?

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a link to any specs on the Nexus? I couldn`t find anything on-line.

I`ve been using a Century 400 Sensei for a few years and love it but wouldn`t mind a bit more pressure and lift next time around.

I think if you`re gonna buy a heated extractor it is worth it to spend more then you`d originally plan. The more pressure you have the faster you`ll be able to work and the more lift you have the faster the material will dry. The difference in the work will pay for the difference in price.

Post Thanks / Like
    After trying to get one of the new Aztecs in the "Good Deals" section and failing, I found Danase selling Aztecs on ebay. I submitted an offer for 600 and got it with free shipping....brand new! I went with the Aztec due in part to the ill-reports of CS with Durrmaid and the size portability of the Aztec. It seemed like it was on-par or better with the Mytee in everthing but tank size and having a 2-stage. Plus at 600, I don`t want to say its disposable, but that`s a great price if it holds up.
    David Bibiloni

Tailored Automotive Detailing

Drive with Distinction

Post Thanks / Like
    good deal David...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Durrmaid and have had problems as well, two pump failures thus far. However, I do have to say the Dennis Durr (the owner of the Durrmaid company) has been very accomodating, and has always promptly mailed me replacement pumps, without even requiring me to send him the old one (which I still did out of courtesy.

That said, I`d have to agree with everyone here, if you`re really going to need to use an extractor everyday, go for a bigger model. I`ll be investing in a Mytee myself.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Durmaid and did have a problem with the pump. I took it apart and sprayed WD40 into it and it seems to be working. I also had a leak, but that was just a connection. I took care of that and it has been working ok for me. I didn`t get the heated version, which seems to be the biggest problem with them. That said I paid like $450 for mine. I think if I had to pay $650 then I may have gone ahead and went with a Mytee. I should also mention that I don`t use my extractor much, so that may be another factor in its longevity.

That Nexus looks interesting. Does anyone have a price?

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information