Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Or at least that`s what I think it is?

They`re my drying towels. After the final wipe down, the towels seem to be leaving a ton of "fibers" back on the windows and mirrors. I`m using RightLook Fiber Wash to wash them as well.

Any ideas what`s going on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes it has nothing to do with the specific cloth. You have to let the window dry and wipe it with one of the towels specifically made for windows.

I think there is some sort of contamination on some windows that catch fibers off the microfiber.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    another cause is washing them with cheaper towels that might of transferred lint onto them. i wash my good (paint) towels and the cheaper (wheels, jams, etc) ones seperate...

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point. I have towels separated into:

-Exterior Drying

-Windows

-Interior

-Exterior polishing/wax removal

...and wash them all that way as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    For some reason *all* my MF towels leave lint on glass, even the "made for glass" ones do it eventually. And yeah, I wash/dry them all separately and do my best to avoid any cross-contamination.

I only use MFs on the exterior glass, and then only my WWMFs (the slight dampness from doing so "primes" them). And then I redo the glass with other media, in part to get any MF lint off.

Some MFs just *lint* period. And by the time they quit doing so they`re getting worn out. Sorta like the way cotton towels always leave lint in the dryer`s lint filter I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    you just shouldn`t use microfibers on glass. This makes me so mad when I see this. Grrrr lol Listen save your microfibers for paint only what you need to get is surgical towels.

Surgical Towels, Blue, 170 Count

You will never use a microfiber on glass again. you can wash these towel 1000 times and they still work as day 1. you wasting money everytime you use a microfiber on glass. . sorry for the rant. I just hate to see people throw money away
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    you just shouldn`t use microfibers on glass. This makes me so mad when I see this. Grrrr lol Listen save your microfibers for paint only what you need to get is surgical towels.

Surgical Towels, Blue, 170 Count

You will never use a microfiber on glass again. you can wash these towel 1000 times and they still work as day 1. you wasting money everytime you use a microfiber on glass. . sorry for the rant. I just hate to see people throw money away

So, $70 dollars later with shipping I`m standing by my front door waiting for my new towels...

This is on you Barry, l:2thumbs:

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve had good luck with edgeless low nap microfiber towels for cleaning glass and don`t have an issue with lint...

Post Thanks / Like
    go to Wally World and find the Kitchen section and pick up the waffle weave towels for glass, they have not linted on me in over a year, they are cheap for a 3 pack.

I like the idea of the surgical towels, I will give them a go after I stop by the hospital. They are not thick so I don`t know if I`ll like the feel.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry

Ding!, Ding!, Ding! - Give that man a ceegar.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use WW towels and they work as well as the surgical towels. I like them both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    i`ve had good luck with edgeless low nap microfiber towels for cleaning glass and don`t have an issue with lint...

I also have the same experience.

I often use a terry cloth applicator (no lint) to scrub the glass and then the mf to remove the residue. I will switch out the mf if it gets saturated..usually can do the exterior or exterior.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Noting that there must be a zillion different surgical/huck towels on the market, a while back a member here sent me some that he thought were really great; I thought they were simply awful :nixweiss

More often than not, I use use my cotton terry towels, followed by the Griot`s polypropylene window wipes. I just keep going back to that combo...

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3

Some of my napless MFs for glass are good lint-wise. Not good enough for regular use on the vehicles, but plenty good enough for use on household glass.

They *are* good for the winter though, when tenacious salt residue makes very minor linting the least of my concerns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Noting that there must be a zillion different surgical/huck towels on the market, a while back a member here sent me some that he thought were really great; I thought they were simply awful :nixweiss

I`ve noticed that surgical(and most cotton) towels need to be washed several times before they begin to absorb wetness properly. Once that happens you`re chrystal clear. What what your experience Accumulator? Tell us more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Some of my napless MFs for glass are good lint-wise. Not good enough for regular use on the vehicles, but plenty good enough for use on household glass.

They *are* good for the winter though, when tenacious salt residue makes very minor linting the least of my concerns.

goes to show you everyone has own their experiences. the edgeless microfibers (viking, megs, blue perl, mothers, etc, etc.) have worked well for *me* after continuous use (in all aspects) and liberally spraying glass cleaner/QD makes a difference as well...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information