Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone. Recently purchased a new car and i`ve been reading up and getting into the world of detailing. Bought quite a bit of products that have done a great job for me. Just had a question regarding the product in my title. I find when i apply it with a MF towel, when i go back into the car hours later, i can see spots .. even places where i`m certain i went over with my MF. Are there any good tricks to applying this stuff so i don`t get the blotchiness or the appearance of spots on my dash or other places i apply the product.

Thanks for your help !!

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you applying it to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Reapply and /or use a water saturated (wrung out) MF when applying
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Applying it to the dash, doors ... interior vinyl on the most part. Thanks for the help Patrick .. i read somewhere else to dampen a MF then apply ... i`m just curious to how that helps .. thanks again everyone !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Using a dampened MF help the wicking process for 303. 303 is absorbed more readily into the MF`s fibers. Plus once you have applied to the surface, the surface is ran over with with a product already sperad out more evenly. No dry spots on teh MF to pick up what you just applied. This is also why a slightly dampened Waffle Weave dries better. Its pre moistened and the wicking is much much quicker.....

I learned this quite some time ago, and works great for all interior products.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, do you spray the 303 on the damp MF towel or do you spray it on the dash, etc .. then go over it with the damp MF ... or does it matter ?

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    It is really pretty simple with 303; apply with a dry applicator, and then go back and remove residue with a dry MF.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubravac
    Now, do you spray the 303 on the damp MF towel or do you spray it on the dash, etc .. then go over it with the damp MF ... or does it matter ?

Thanks again
    Always on the towel. Splotching is very common when your trying to apply lightly, and you spray on the surface. Im tellin ya, the dampened MF is the hot ticket......

Post Thanks / Like
    i spray mine on with a cheep HVLP paint gun I got at harbor freight, makes a little product go a LONG way, like 3oz for 4 tires and all interior/exterior plastic
    Formerly carn00bie

Thread Information