Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok not as bad as it is funny. I will post up the responses I get as they come.

Stop the hacking "detailing"

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean-Cluade, I am always under the impression that many of the decent detailers make their living by repairing ****** detailer hack jobs. If you put those hack detailers out of business, the business atmosphere may change for the better detailers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the_invisible
    Jean-Cluade, I am always under the impression that many of the decent detailers make their living by repairing ****** detailer hack jobs. If you put those hack detailers out of business, the business atmosphere may change for the better detailers.

It won`t change anything. Most holograms you find on cars are from the dealership, it doesn`t mean the person took it to get it detailed.

I was going to do the exact same thing next summer when I started up detailing again, maybe not as length haha. Awesome idea, let us know what responses you get!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya, it definitely will not change a thing. How many people will read that post? Maybe a few hundred in one city? Even if it did, the supply/demand chain would change for the better.

I do think I will get some interested emails though.

Post Thanks / Like
    spell check would`ve probably helped cement in the point But interesting take on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude
    Ok not as bad as it is funny. I will post up the responses I get as they come.

Stop the hacking "detailing"

so maybe we should all create a fake e-mail address and post a copy of that on our local craigslist? Heck if you don`t mind i was thinking about posting that up here locally because that is exactly how people think here. Price is a HUGE factor.

Everyone wants a lot for a little thinking that well if my previous "detailer" only charged me $50 to do my car why are you charging me $200?

People just don`t grasp on to the concept of true auto detailing and exactly what it entails. They don`t understand that we take the:

time to drive to their location (if you are mobile that is) which takes time, gas and wear and tear on the vehicle.

all the proper compounds, apc, dressings, brushes, mitts, buckets etc . . . . needed

then we take much more time and are very much more detail oriented

and still they find a way to try and haggle the price or grumble that it was to much.

Those are the clients that you just don`t want to deal with at all as they will never be happy.

Creating Parking Lot Envy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Dirt and his scruffy bunch are all around the ATL.

I look forward to the smart aleck replies you will probably get.

Good post JC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    spell check would`ve probably helped cement in the point But interesting take on it.

I did a read over and google didn`t try to correct anything that I noticed. So it went up.

*I just did an online spell check and the only misspell that came was "anyway".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    so maybe we should all create a fake e-mail address and post a copy of that on our local craigslist? Heck if you don`t mind i was thinking about posting that up here locally because that is exactly how people think here. Price is a HUGE factor.

Everyone wants a lot for a little thinking that well if my previous "detailer" only charged me $50 to do my car why are you charging me $200?

People just don`t grasp on to the concept of true auto detailing and exactly what it entails. They don`t understand that we take the:

time to drive to their location (if you are mobile that is) which takes time, gas and wear and tear on the vehicle.

all the proper compounds, apc, dressings, brushes, mitts, buckets etc . . . . needed

then we take much more time and are very much more detail oriented

and still they find a way to try and haggle the price or grumble that it was to much.

Those are the clients that you just don`t want to deal with at all as they will never be happy.

Be my guest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I`m not a "pro" detailer, I can spot a hack ad when I see one!

I can`t see how someone could say that they can offer a "one hour" detail for xx amount of dollars....hell it takes me at least 3 hours just to wash and vacume my car to get ready to detail it!

I would eventually like to start my own shop, far from it but when I do, these type of detailers are the ones I don`t want to be associated with.....unless when it comes to fixing there mistakes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean-Claude great writeup! Now based on that, I`m needing some advice from the pros. How would someone like myself who is fairly new to the business, that doesn`t have license and insurance, seperate myself from the hacks? I feel if a potential customer read that writeup, they could possibly say no to my services. My strong points right now are the high quality products I use and growing knowledge of the business from professionals, especially ones found on this forum. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soarer5
    Jean-Claude great writeup! Now based on that, I`m needing some advice from the pros. How would someone like myself who is fairly new to the business, that doesn`t have license and insurance, seperate myself from the hacks? I feel if a potential customer read that writeup, they would could possibly say no to my services. My strong points right now are the high quality products I use and growing knowledge of the business from professionals, especially ones found on this forum. :up

Simple... Get insurence and a DBA license.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Simple... Get insurence and a DBA license.

I guess it`s time for me to look into that. I was hoping to build a small customer base first to have money coming in to pay for insurance lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know if one of the hacks trys to contact you!

I do have one question about this statement...

ruined electronics from using a pressure washer on door jams(lol- my personal favorite!),

What electronics are in the door jambs that can`t get wet? I have used a pressure washer (1200psi) to rinse door jambs for over 20 years and can`t see what possible damage can come from doing so???

How else do you recommend going from this

To this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to use the PW on some of the door jams also. I don`t blast away at it though becasue obvioulsy it will soak the inside. But if there is something I need to know I would rather learn it the easy way instead of the hard way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information