Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we`re nit picking a bit much here guys. Using the proper tools with proper knowledge of how to use those tools is not "Hackish" I do the exact same thing Raski does on the jambs. Using a PW is NOT a bad thing at all. Idiots that don`t know how to properly use a PW is.... Don`t confuse the two. Just like using PP. If used properly (I use it as a carpet aggitate to get ground in stains and dirt off) is also not a bad thing. However using it against mfg. instructions and ruining your clients wheels/CC/paint etc etc etc.. is due to stupidity. Dosen`t make the product bad. Make the illiterate moron using the product.... well a moron. Tools of the trade can be the best friend in the right hands or the worst enemy in the wrong hands. Hack pick up rotary`s every day and swirl up the paint. Does that make all rotary`s bad? Didn`t think so. Be very careful when trying to split hairs here. Just because you don`t do something a certian way dosen`t mean that the way you do it is the only way to get it done right and proper. There`s a lot of way`s to properly detail a car without ruining anything. Calling someone a hack based soley on what the use and not "HOW" they use it is a slippery road to travel on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean-Claude you may have pissed the hack detailers off in your area......lol!! Some of these hacks need to see that. There are too many ppl out there who use Mean Green, dish detergent, and their bucket they use to go fishing to clean cars. I had a guy call me a hack, but his customers are coming to me and I called this guy posing as a customer to see if he could explain to me what is auto detailing.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see the benefit of using a pressure washer in certain instances. There`s a risk/reward though. For the risk of getting too much water on something or cutting up a delicate part is the reward of doing a job faster. My take and many others is the risk/reward is not worth it. If that`s how you choose to do it, I won`t troll you. It`s your thing.

But I can not say that using purple power on cars where it is specifically noted that you should not is a good idea or even ok. People pay good money for a job done right, not fast. If the markers of PP could say that it was ok to use it on the exterior of a car, they would(it would only make it that much more of a value). Even the makers see the danger. Why do take that risk when someone can just purchase and use a product that is designed for the task? Again, I urge you to read the MSDS of PP. It is clearly noted that it should not be used on a car(in technical jargon-terms).

In that case, PP can not be compared to a rotary. A rotary being abused/misused on a car is user error. Using PP on a car is directly ignoring a warning. One can be used correctly, the other should not be used at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    I think we`re nit picking a bit much here guys. Using the proper tools with proper knowledge of how to use those tools is not "Hackish" I do the exact same thing Raski does on the jambs. Using a PW is NOT a bad thing at all. Idiots that don`t know how to properly use a PW is.... Don`t confuse the two. Just like using PP. If used properly (I use it as a carpet aggitate to get ground in stains and dirt off) is also not a bad thing. However using it against mfg. instructions and ruining your clients wheels/CC/paint etc etc etc.. is due to stupidity. Dosen`t make the product bad. Make the illiterate moron using the product.... well a moron. Tools of the trade can be the best friend in the right hands or the worst enemy in the wrong hands. Hack pick up rotary`s every day and swirl up the paint. Does that make all rotary`s bad? Didn`t think so. Be very careful when trying to split hairs here. Just because you don`t do something a certian way dosen`t mean that the way you do it is the only way to get it done right and proper. There`s a lot of way`s to properly detail a car without ruining anything. Calling someone a hack based soley on what the use and not "HOW" they use it is a slippery road to travel on.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I see your point about purple power, but I`d just like to say the fact that i`ve been using it doesn`t mean I`m moving any faster, or not doing it `right`. I will be looking into other options I can find locally though, and I do thank you for pointing that out as I had no idea. I can`t believe I never read the back of the bottle lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    -lol

Someone asked me to give them a quote. I am not giving any real info and I am not sure if I will even pursue it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might as well at least give them a quote, what sense does it make not to. You`ve given them all this info on hacks, and how they`re prices are to low, show them what a real detail goes for. You`d just be further spreading the word.

- Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Powerwashing door jambs is bad? Yeah right. Sounds like more internet folklore to me. Oh no! Water got in the interior. Run, the car is going to blow up!!!!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Powerwashing door jambs is bad? Yeah right. Sounds like more internet folklore to me. Oh no! Water got in the interior. Run, the car is going to blow up!!!!

No need to be offended. Get water on the wrong electronics and you will be feeling that way tho.

Why in the world take the risk when you can take a few extra minutes and not take that gamble?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Claude
    No need to be offended. Get water on the wrong electronics and you will be feeling that way tho.

Why in the world take the risk when you can take a few extra minutes and not take that gamble?

what`s the latest . . . . . any e-mails or messages you can post up? I finally got one from someone who seemed a little upset? I figure the only people who would really get offended are those that are doing something wrong aka "HACK`s"

i just laughed it off though . . . . . none of my real info is out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got an interior job from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The youtube user must read here, he took the video down. Haha!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information