so, I had a car yesterday and I only had real time for 5 hours on it...needed interior work, exterior work. I ended up with 7 hours on it total, and skipped out on the rest of my day I had planned. Oh well, the client was extremely happy with the results.

car: 2001 toyota celica

damage: dents and dings, extreme road rash on the front (needed repaint)

mileage: 152K

interior was pretty hammered, this is her commuter car!

exterior: lots of scratches and deep scratches, plenty of swirl marks and TONS of OVERSPRAY

I spent 20 min claying the car from the front end back. then I attacked the overspray with megs red clay, clay magic red, ADS purple, 3000K megs unigrit paper, and rotary/cutting wool/105 = NOTHING WORKED efficiently in the 2 hours I spent on the front portion of the hood, the front of the fenders, and the WHOLE front bumper! I only got it about 40-50% out, but called it good enough based on time and needs/condition of the car.

I called up Patrick and asked his thoughts...he recommended I try a couple of things, but only had time to work with what I had on hand...prep sol wipe down and soak prior to the claying. Thanks for the tip! It worked a little faster, but the larger stuff was remaining STUCK on...nothing would budge it!

WHAT DO YOU USE IN THAT SITUATION? I want the proper product on hand for the next time there is extreme amounts of road paint all over the car!