Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I`ve been taking baby steps at getting my business started. I`m finally at the point where I`ll be building my rig in the next few weeks. I`m wondering, if any of you guys have just a pickup truck with your Water-tank, pressure washer, and generator bolted to the bed? I really want to get a trailer, but being that I`m buying a truck as well, I don`t think I`m going to have the funds for the trailer at this moment in time. My only concern is that it won`t look as professional.

What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsSean
    My only concern is that it won`t look as professional.

What do you guys think?

do a good job , that`s professional , u can go with hands in a packet and a back pack and get the car like a show car .

final product tells if u are or not pro!

that`s my opinion
    ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I have only a F150, no water tank or generator and I use my clients garage, water and electric and it`s just fine with them especially after they see the final product....

Josh
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont see why it wouldent look proffesional as long as you do a good job on the car is what counts. i use a van so i cant say that i do use a truck. mabey you could buy a cap to put on the truck and have the pressure toward that back of the truck so it would be easy to use and unwind, plus it would be protected and be able to be locked up.

Showroom Auto Detailing Bullitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t go mobile much anymore, maybe once every two months, but when I was stricly mobile I downsized from a Truck and Trailer to a Sport-Trac with a

cover on the bed. I actually liked that much better than lugging the trailer along. My gas mileage went from 9 to 17 with a full load. I did have the Sport-Trac customized a little with the back seat out and all the goodies. But I liked being able to have all my stuff next to the car, and not have to go back to the trailer all the time. There are pro`s and cons to both, but it is much easier to turn around a single truck rather than a trailer in a parking garage or crowded business lot. Most of the time now even if I do go mobile it`s because it`s a client with a Trailered car, show car, never driven car, etc, and they usually live in a quiet neighborhood and don`t want a gas pw and generator running for 8 hours or more anyway.
    The Stable:
    08 Ford Explorer Sport Trac: Company Vehicle
    05 Corvette
    01 Mustang Bullitt
    98 Explorer: Loaner Vehicle
    05 Honda Civic: Loaner Vehicle/Daily Driver

http://www.showroommobiledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    NO on the trailor here...I just load up a few things (takes 10 min to load up if that) in the back of a nissan xterra and I am good to go! use clients water and power!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsSean
    Hey guys, I`ve been taking baby steps at getting my business started. I`m finally at the point where I`ll be building my rig in the next few weeks. I`m wondering, if any of you guys have just a pickup truck with your Water-tank, pressure washer, and generator bolted to the bed? I really want to get a trailer, but being that I`m buying a truck as well, I don`t think I`m going to have the funds for the trailer at this moment in time. My only concern is that it won`t look as professional.

What do you guys think?

I have a Cadillac EXT Truck. I carry 70 gallons of water,Coleman Powermate Generator,Husky Pressure Washer,with 50` hose,Flex, PC, Rotory, Tent. and at times air compressor. When I roll ,I`m loaded. I usually know what the detail encludes,so I can be selective on what I need and take. PM I`ll tell you what I can. Also search mobile guys on AG I have pics there. For some reason I can`t get them up here!

Showroom Shine

Thread Information