Post Thanks / Like
    just wonder how you guys do when no pick-up truck available , when you work from your car , how you supply your tools, use inverter ? what wattage ?

i was thinking an

12V DC to AC 1500 Watt Power Inverter , with output of 12.5 amps , mount in the trunk will power my tools (once a time).

i am mobile and will be helpful where i don`t have access to electricity.

you looking for some opinions on this subject, thank you

re-edit : a portable generator looks like the best solution , any sugestions , something that can power a PC and not to havy duty...?
    ProReflection
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area

Ceramic Coating * Protection Film * Car Wrap * Paint Correction

Post Thanks / Like
    funny that someone finally ask this question. I have been wondering and thinking about the same thing that you are. Some people say that it isnt good to idle your vehicle for a long period of time but i am not sure how true that is.

I would like to pick up a honda silent generator but if you have cash to blow that`s the way to go as they run about $1,200 give or take a little.

Take the biggest tool that you have or one that you think eats the most electricity.

Multiply the (VoltsxAmps) and that will give you the wattage that you would need to run that particular tool.

Power Inverters are a lot less expensive then a generator so it`s all a preference from that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i found this so far , i need something that is easy to load /unload, not to big(limited space) , decent power .

Small Recreational Generators @ Electric Generators Direct Your Online Recreational, Camping and Tailgating Generator Superstore

i like the Robin R1700i , but is pricey . tools make difference !!! and i will get some soon.

Robin Subaru R1700i - Robin 1400 Watt Portable Generator w/ Inverter Technology

ProReflection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by axel_ny
    well i found this so far , i need something that is easy to load /unload, not to big(limited space) , decent power .

Small Recreational Generators @ Electric Generators Direct Your Online Recreational, Camping and Tailgating Generator Superstore

i like the Robin R1700i , but is pricey . tools make difference !!! and i will get some soon.

Robin Subaru R1700i - Robin 1400 Watt Portable Generator w/ Inverter Technology

Yeah that thing looks to be nice. I hear you on portability. I have a small truck and space is still a issue. I tell you though my shop vac that i have from sears is a 9 Gal wet dry and it would tak about 1260 watts to run it. For that $1,000 you would pay for that generator i would rather take the:

Honda eu2000i which provides 2000 watts and is only about $75 more

HONDA GENERATOR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic

Honda eu2000i which provides 2000 watts and is only about $75 more

hmm.. i may think about it , have to do some measurements , and see what and where it fit. honda looks good
    ProReflection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by axel_ny
    hmm.. i may think about it , have to do some measurements , and see what and where it fit. honda looks good

just check to make sure though what you need. the honda will give you room to grow or you can get something smaller for your current needs.

i might look into one thats a little less expensive yet puts out the sam power but not sure yet. the quality of a honda makes me want to go that route.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with a Generator,

DC/AC Inverters are inexpesive but you have to keep your car running to keep it running. Unless of course you don`t mind dead batteries.

A generator will easily pay for itself. Vs. The money you`ll spend in gas idling your car for a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Honda EU2000 is great.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Thread Information