Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had my eye out for any of the Honda EU generators on craigslist for quite some time. Any time any of them pop up for a good price they are gone in a few hours.

Last week a guy was selling the EU3000is for $900. I saw it in the AM and it was gone before I could get to him. :hmph:

I decided to pull the trigger on a Honda EG 2800. It weighs like 68# and has 23+ amps.

I got a new pre-owned one for a great deal on craigslist. It`s pretty awesome after using it for a full day.

The size coupled with the output and 2 plugs makes it perfect for a mobile company. New, they only cost $550. To get the same power from an EU unit will cost $1900. To get the size from an EU unit will set you back $900 and will have 16 amps, not enough to run a vacuum and a buffer at the same time(for the 2 man crews).

The only drawback to this rather than an EU unit is that it`s louder. It`s not unbearably loud. But it is louder.

I wanted to throw this out there and maybe it can help some of you out.

(the reviewer here is wrong. This sucker does not surge or hunt for a steady rpm)

Pramac EG2800 T-Handle Generator with Honda GC160 Engine 2520W/ 2800W - 04586 at The Home Depot

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive always wanted a Hinda for RV`ing, but it doesnt sound like this would fit the bill if its loud. I know the EU3000`s are very very VERY quiet!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve said it before, but Kipor generators are a well constructed and cheaper alternative made by an equally reputable company. My shop vac makes more noise than my generator.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve said it before, but Kipor generators are a well constructed and cheaper alternative made by an equally reputable company. My shop vac makes more noise than my generator.

I had a Honda EU 3000is for about 6 years and it was truly a Porsche of a generator. Extremely quiet and reliable. Had some problems with it last year, and my local Honda dealership would not be able to service it for 4 to 6 weeks !!! I sold it with the problems disclosed for $450 on Craigslist. Since then I have been using a Kipor 2800 watt generator and even picked up a second one as a back-up. Even though its a bit louder than the Honda they have proved to be just as powerful and reliable.
    No buff to tuff

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean Dean
    I had a Honda EU 3000is for about 6 years and it was truly a Porsche of a generator. Extremely quiet and reliable. Had some problems with it last year, and my local Honda dealership would not be able to service it for 4 to 6 weeks !!! I sold it with the problems disclosed for $450 on Craigslist. Since then I have been using a Kipor 2800 watt generator and even picked up a second one as a back-up. Even though its a bit louder than the Honda they have proved to be just as powerful and reliable.

I use a Kipor 2000 and suits me well; at 13 amps it won`t run a commercial grade electric PW but powers the tools I use everyday. If I shut one of the van`s rear doors and leave the side slider open I can barely hear it.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If noise every becomes an issue I can just shut the doors on my Sprinter and open the windows.

I`m not in a position where it`s required that I not have noise. My big thing has been size/weight and starting amps. This generator fits the bill.

Ideally, I would have a EU3000. But it`s not a good investment considering I got this one for $250. Even at the new cost of $560 it`s a way better deal and pumps more amps.

Thread Information